SEC affected by shutdown?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cuddles, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #11     Jan 6, 2019
  2. neke

neke

The SEC collects enough in fees not to have to depend on the Govt. Why do they have to remit to the government, and be furloughed?

#12     Jan 6, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    Executive order[official] says they[SEC] are closed; dont count on that-many crooks have been caught by an off duty policeman ,Here4 mo........ LOL+true.

Expect plenty of market vol , 2019, which would be normal. 2017 with many bouncing off/tight trending 200day moving average, uptrending, is actually abnormal.:D:D

#13     Jan 10, 2019
    Metamega likes this.
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

You're right nothing should change. Just the same as when they were up and running and letting Madoff rip off little old ladies. :D. Oh yeah I forgot, its impossible.

#14     Jan 10, 2019
  5. ajacobson

ajacobson

No 13F filings for the December quarter - makes life interesting.

#15     Jan 10, 2019
  6. How's the search for market manipulation shenanigans going?:rolleyes:

#16     Jan 11, 2019
  7. gaussian

gaussian

This has basically been my fear. Tariff man is incompetent. It doesn't matter how good my system is, I dont think you can build a system to tolerate the huge swings in volatility that are about to show up at our doors Monday. Saturday will mark the longest shutdown in history. I intend to go full discretionary until this cleans up. Automated systems are just going to throw false signals while the market panics.

#17     Jan 11, 2019
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

awesome; spotted several

#18     Jan 11, 2019
  9. bullshit. What a pointless thread

#19     Jan 13, 2019
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

made like a million and half; no joke

#20     Jan 13, 2019
Thread Status: