Seattle Traders!!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by NX100, Jul 28, 2003.

1. rttrader, your firm is geared towards daytraders.

Do you personally do any EOD swing trading? If so, (based on your Tradestation platform), can I assume you are using mechanical trading formula's?

If yes, I would be pleased to meet in Seattle at your convenience to exchange trading system ideas (lunch sounds good too)

Regards

#21     Jul 30, 2003
  2. Condor,

RE> Do you personally do any EOD swing trading? Yes as part of my overall trading strategy?

I do 3 time frames, 1) short term ..i.e. daytrading both e-mini futures, (ES and NQ primarily) and equities and now currencies (FOREX) 2) Swing-trade 2 weeks to over 2 month time frame - almost singularly options and equities...some currencies now as I get used to them more and the set-up presents an opportunity or even a "hedging" strategy. But I do use EOD data from TS but I am now using our own proprietary platform RedwoodPro more and more since it has an execution platform built into as well. 3) Long-term (IRA) I have a self-directed IRA that I trade in with along-term bias of course more of an "investment" strategy

RE> If so, (based on your Tradestation platform), can I assume you are using mechanical trading formula's? Some are mechanical systems, (very simple systems, nothing elaborate) and some are discretionary, (more short term trading). On my longer term trading nothing is really mechanical more of an "investment" strategy unless I see long term trends developing or long term support/resistance being broken or overall "bias's" changing.

Well I only make it to Seattle once a month, I was hoping to stimulate a Seattle based trading group (I admit I would love to have an excuse to get away from my mother and in-laws when I visit for a few hours), if I am ever in Seattle I'll shoot you a PM and we can meet for lunch and talk...but if YOU hear of a local trading group etc..please let me know and I'll try and arrange my monthly visits around that meeting!

Good trading....

rttrader -

#22     Jul 30, 2003

3. Ok, Looks like we have a basis for a meeting in the near future.
    (Both Daytrading and Swing trading)
    Anyone else interested in joining this lunch - discussion?

So Far:

rttrader
    condorll

Copy the above list and add your name so we know who to contact.
    I would like to suggest at least 3-4 days notice from rttrader, more if possible.

Regards

#23     Jul 30, 2003
  4. NX100

NX100

condorll,

Glad to hear you have decided to meet up even with daytraders. But is it only when rttrader is up here in the Seattle area?

rttrader, when will you be up here? Late August...early September?

I have four traders interested in meeting up. Would like to get the gathering rolling.

#24     Jul 30, 2003
  5. NX100 -

Please DO NOT start your group around my schedule at all by any means, all I was stating to Condor was "if" I could arrange my monthly business trips around "your" trading club/groups meeting schedule I would.

For instance I attend a meeting of a group of traders here in California that meet every 2nd Saturday of the month so it is easy for all of us to plan around that meeting and I know I will not plan anything for that 2nd Saturday, I was hoping that your group (when and IF it get formed) would be doing something similar even if it is a weekday.

Is that clear as mud?

rttrader -

#25     Jul 30, 2003
  6. clear as mud?

LOL,

1) rttrader, since we do not have a group together, we are very few, and the majority are daytraders not swingtraders, I have no problem with having our first meeting at your convenience. Once the group gets together I am sure several will hook up and plan for regularly scheduled meetings.

2) NX100, I suggested that we all get together as I do have an interest in rttraders swing trading and any others that swing trade. I am not a daytrader or scalper ...sorry if I confused you.

Regards

#26     Jul 30, 2003
  7. Guysand Condorll,

Just keep me in the loop, I may or may not be able to attend. I will make every effort to as I have not seen my family in a while and it would be good to combine the trip with a visit with some local traders.....be they daytraders or swingtraders ....I like em both!

Good luck guys I hope you can get it going! I love that Seattle weather and coffee and of course...fresh salmon!

rttrader/John -

#27     Jul 30, 2003
  8. corvus

corvus

Sure, count me in.

My trading has focused on daytrading the index futures, and now some swing trading of currencies. But I'm interested in meeting other traders in general.

#28     Jul 31, 2003
  9. damir00

damir00 Guest

Vancouver, BC checking in.

#29     Jul 31, 2003
  10. Ok looks like we have a group.
    We need a date, time and location
    Any suggestions?

Possible attendees:

rttrader
    condorll
    NX100