Sears to close 100-120 Kmart, Sears full-line stores

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by lighnintrade, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Lookey here, lookey here...

"The first Sears retail store opened in Chicago on February 2, 1925 in the Merchandise building (in a portion of the company's headquarters at Homan Avenue and Arthington Street). This store included an optical shop and a soda fountain."

What the heck we got going on in our local WMT? An optician and a subway.

<< Ecclesiastes 1:9 >>

"That which hath been is that which shall be, and that which is done is that which shall be done; and there is nothing new under the sun."

p.s, thought I'd throw that in there for those Bible traders. :cool: :D

#11     Dec 28, 2011
  2. More like a sign of bad management. These stores are a joke.

Does Fast Eddie still have a boatload of SHLD stock?

#12     Dec 28, 2011
  3. Sears' bankruptcy is inevitable

So the question why the heck new owner invested in this 4-5 years ago?

Because there was and still is so much stupid money floating around.

go to any Sears store, the clientele is either Hispanic or white trash

#13     Dec 28, 2011
  4. From 2009 to now Macy's is doing very good in the bad economy.
    2 year uptrend. :) For the holidays for extra money I take part time 2 nights work with them temporary to do the makeover for girls in their cosmetics department. Macy's was very very busy for christmas and they sell a lot of Lancome,Laura Mercier, Clinique and more cosmetics.
    Look to their 5 year chart.
    http://ycharts.com/companies/M

#14     Dec 28, 2011
  5. And did the Bible not also say, "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's property (nor his trading margin account via online trading)?" Shame on you!

#15     Dec 28, 2011
  6. JamesL

JamesL

A sign of failed managemt

#16     Dec 29, 2011
  7. JamesL

JamesL

Because many of the stores were free standing, not some mall tenant, and the real estate they were sitting on held some considerable value when the deal was done. You know the story since then.

#17     Dec 29, 2011
  8. I don't! lol, mind elaborating?

I know that since '05-06, SHLD major source of revenue came from trading and not actual sale of goods. Been a steady downhill ever since.

But just how much is SHLD real estate sitting on is what i'm having a hard time finding?

#18     Dec 29, 2011
  9. To whom? That trade was incredibly crowded (Lampert, Ackman) and nothing but hype.

#19     Dec 29, 2011
  10. #20     Dec 29, 2011