Sears Holdings 3Q Profit Plunges 99 Pct

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Nov 29, 2007.

1. hughb

hughb

Cramer was touting SHLD last year on his radio show. I even remember one specific caller thanking Cramer for getting him into it. The stock was still going up at the time, and I have no idea if Cramer is still into it or not - his radio show was canceled out here on the West Coast.

#11     Nov 29, 2007
  2. Aok

Aok

Maybe when Lampert is canned he can get a job doing the sound effects on Cramer's show?

#12     Nov 29, 2007
  3. mrmoose

mrmoose

been in a Kmart recently? I go in the one in Penn Station from time to time the store is disgusting and poorly stocked, financial engineering and cost cutting only goes so far sooner or later you got to run the stores.........

#13     Nov 29, 2007
  4. The best gauge of retail is to check out the stores in person. What type of shoppers do you see and are they actually buying.

My observations are that WalMart is doing good. Christmas Tree Store also doing good.

Home Depot looks like a ghost town. in the malls the upmarket stores the lights are on but no one is home!

Sears is looking more like KMart before its decline.

#14     Nov 29, 2007
  5. K-Mart was never a retail play. It's business is Real Estate...

#15     Nov 29, 2007
  6. It is Sears and K-mart folks.... cmon... :D

Shitty stores which cannot compete with Target, Walmart, Macy's, Best Buy, Circuit City, Costco, Kohls, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc....

#16     Nov 29, 2007
  7. Right. So was sears holdings.

So now, with the commercial real estate market about to implode, do you expect anything else from the equity issue?

#17     Nov 29, 2007
  8. Cramer.... I almost forgot about him.

#18     Nov 30, 2007
  9. mrmoose

mrmoose

I actually think that low and middle end end apparel and department stores are caught in a perfect storm. On the one hand, their is no question that most of their customers are not doing well economically. At the same time, three fast growing non public chains (Steve and Barry's, Forever 21 and H and M ) are doing a much better job of providing decent clothes at a cheap price then anyone else and are expanding rapidly. Personally I used to buy my everyday clothes at Gap and JCP until I found out I can buy pants and shirts that are just as good for under $10 at Steve and Barry's. I think S and B are planning to double their store count to 270 by the end of 2008.

#19     Nov 30, 2007