Searching for M&A/Buyout news service

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Feb 14, 2007.

1. I am looking for a service/website (preferably subscription based) that highlights merger + buyout activity across US, CA + EU markets, ideally in the form of a daily/weekly newsletter.

I would be interested in the details of the deals (total volume, cash %, stock % etc.), a list of requirements to be fulfilled (votes, regulatory etc.) and updated current status of the deal with deadline.

I did my homework GOOGling around but couldn't come up with anything. Anybody know of a similar service? Wouldn't even mind if it's part of a bigger package, e.g. a news service provider.

Thanks.

2. That's a good start thank you. I take it there is no specialized "subscription" service outlining current M&A activity.

News services tend to report "A buys B for $2bln in cash" and that's it.. with inconsistent follow up. I would love a specialized service that highlights the current deals and I can drill into each deal and check financial details, history and outlook until it closes and is finalized.

Anybody else?

3. C99

C99

4. This looks great, will get a trial. Thanks to everybody that replied. I appreciate it.

5. If you have access to a BB terminal they have a set a features regarding M&A but it's been years since I used those commands... you could get real time MA news on there though.

Thanks,

TNG

6. lescor

lescor

Merger Insight, by Wall Street Access, is an institutional research product that is excellent. I don't know the cost, but they may give an individual a semi-affordable price. You can read some sample reports here:
    http://www.wsaccess.com/