Searching for a night-time futures to trade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by amitman, Jul 6, 2008.

1. amitman

amitman

Hi all,
    I've been trading ES for a few month now but In the next few month I won't be able to trade in the ES trading time and I'm looking for a good high-volumed future contract that I'll be able to trade in the morning hours in Israel which is night-time in USA (1am-8am to be more specific).
    I trade with mirus futures so I have CME, CBOT, Nymex, Nybot, Eurex & Matif.
    In your exprience what would you recomand to trade? I need a high-volumed contract with tight spreads. How is the GBP? or the Eoru FX or maybe other contracts?
    Thank you all in advance

2. Those are perfect hours for the EuroFx through CME.

Start acquainting yourself with the contract and the different time-frames that the Asian and London exchanges are the most active, because they are the one's who will be providing your volume.

Good Luck.

3. caroy

caroy

If your looking at any ag contracts. Corn has a decent volume in the overnight and the spread volume is decent.

4. kingjelly

kingjelly

I like GBP and CHF they are plenty liquid during this period of the night.

5. I'm in pretty much the same boat. I trade in New Zealand, I find the cable and the euro move around abit.

You can still trade the indicies but you have to get used to the movement ie slow and not much...

And you always have gold and oil.

You don't get the same big swings but theres enough there to make it interesting.

6. jsmooth

jsmooth

Trade the Bund...trade it from 2am to 7, then trade the first hour of the 5, 10, and 30 yr from 7-8am.