Seamless Continuous Trading

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Scientist, Jan 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VDU = Visual Display Unit (?)

#21     Feb 10, 2004
  2. VDU= Very Dry Up.

When Jack covers P/V relationship, it will become much more clear.

Regards
    Oddi

#22     Feb 10, 2004
  3. I dont expect much input from Jack. As nkhoi put it, he posts when something inspires him. He didnt start this thread and I think his health is a problem. The information is already out there, all over the net. Thousands of posts. Its a huge jigsaw puzzle that Im trying to put together. It seems half the people think hes is full of it and half think he is a genius. I had given up on learning anything new until I found this stuff. Now I have hope of taking my trading to a new level. I spend my weekends combing the net for tidbits. Jackhaters save your breath, please.

edit: Please disregard the above request. I am about halfway through the stochastics thread and just found what I wanted.

#23     Feb 10, 2004
  4. abogdan

abogdan

I too went all the way back to read everything that Jack has posted on this board in various forums. I too was confused at the beginning about the concept it self. But slowly it became apparent to me that the "continuous trading" is very similar to what I used in constructing the "spectrums of sentiment" where the pattern is a result of multiple correlations between separate indicators constructed in constantly and continuously increasing time frame. This concept could be applied to any interpolation technique. In order to get the feel for it for your self do the following experiment:

In any charting tool available to you use 1 min bar chart and create multiple MA with the length of 3,4,5,6, ... 55. Make the price bars themselves invisible. Look at the resulting picture. You'll understand a lot!

Cheers,

#24     Feb 10, 2004
  5. Grob109,

You mentioned that you have a beginner that is starting to scale into winners. Could you go into more detail regarding scaling? Could you also maybe relate them to the different Parts so that I may have a better understanding of the Parts.

I have an inkling of what you mean by different parts but am not sure if I am correct. I might be totally wrong but i would appreciate it if you would correct me. Part 1 is the intial takeoff(pt1-pt2), Part 2 is the beginning pullback(pt2-pt3), Part 3 is the traverse from right to left(Pt 3-FTT), and Part 4 is from FTT-consolidation channel.

JC

#25     Feb 11, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.