SCTlearning from scratch

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jack hershey, Feb 22, 2014.

1. llIHeroic

llIHeroic

Pretty sure we just completed a Traverse starting from the end of FOMC run.

#301     Mar 19, 2015
    baro-san likes this.
  2. baro-san

baro-san

Nice!

#302     Mar 19, 2015
    llIHeroic likes this.
  3. river

river

Thanks for the attachment--it’s great to see a chart on ET these days that takes in to account both price and volume.

When I viewed your chart yesterday afternoon I thought, “Yeah, maybe Heroic’s traverse has just ended…but price is inside a lateral formation and volume is very, very low…maybe he will just need to fan the accelerated RTL…”

As this is a journal for learning, would you care to share how you came to your “anticipation” that the traverse had just completed?

-river

#303     Mar 20, 2015
    llIHeroic likes this.
  4. llIHeroic

llIHeroic

It's difficult to articulate the stages of learning that have taken me to the point of more frequently being able to see exactly when the larger fractals change sentiment.

To try answer your question, it has to do with how the fractals are nested within each other. I anticipated the end of the down Traverse, because the third Tape which made up the last 2R of my Traverse finally had every component of what it needed in order to end. I knew the Tape was ending because the container creating the last 2R of my Tape had completed at that point in time. Does that help?

#304     Mar 20, 2015
  5. llIHeroic

llIHeroic

[3/19]

12.50 - Traverse P1
    13.25 - Tape P2
    14.00 - Tape P3
    15.05 - Traverse P2
    15.20 - Tape P2
    15.35 - Tape P3
    16.05 - Traverse P3

[3/20]

9.50 - Tape P2
    10.15 - Tape P3
    11.30 - Accel Tape P2
    11.55 - Accel Tape P3
    13.20 - Accel Traverse P2
    13.55 - Tape P2
    14.05 - Tape P3
    14.30 - Accel Traverse P3
    14.35 - Tape P2
    14.45 - Tape P3
    15.00 - Traverse FTT

#305     Mar 20, 2015
    baro-san likes this.
  6. river

river

Nice description of your thought process for the “anticipation” you posted Friday morning. When viewing your chart I was curious what you saw at the right edge and from your subsequent post I see that your Point 1 had just recently formed. Trend overlap started elsewhere for me, hence my inquiry.

Thanks for sharing your “points” with us for the past two days. They nicely illustrate nested fractals.

Too bad the thread originator has apparently ceased posting on ET. I miss undertaking the arduous effort some of his submissions required and I miss his sense of humor.

-river

#306     Mar 23, 2015
    smwbbe and llIHeroic like this.