SCT.. whats wrong?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fubar, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fubar, aka f(ck)(yo)ubar(on) aka Trader28:

You may be 100% correct about all that you said in this thread.

Here are even more important questions for you to ask yourself:

"T28, why am I obsessed with this board?"

"T28", why am I habitually obsessed with Jack Hershey and ilk"

"T28, why do I come here and troll for arguments with anyone who will cater to my deep need for conflict day and night?"

"T28, why not enjoy a full, rich and peaceful life away from et?"

"T28, why am I posting in this board day and night when I have a business to run, 2minute charts to watch for trades? I am a trader for real, am I not?"

"T28, is my life really this empty and forlorn? Is that why I'm obsessed with this board, trolling and instigating fights where ever I can?"

important questions to ask yourself

#21     Jun 2, 2007
  2. fubar

fubar

Excellent question Steve, I assume you are also unbiased :p

The answer is quite simple.. I am not PM'ing people in an attempt to recruit them

I assume you are already posting in the P/L thread seeing as you asked this question.. oh wait, after a quick check the only posts that come up for you seem to be in Spyders journal.. thats a shocker

Can I help you with anything else?:p

#22     Jun 2, 2007
  3. Why do you care so much about SPM or SCT profits or P/L statements? There are journals all over ET with traders talking about methods what does their P/L mean? If you cannot reproduce it or if it does not fit your trading style why would a P/L convince you otherwise. If someone posted a P/L with imrpessive gains from a simple MA crossover approach I would still not try it as that does not fit my style.

I posted my p/l for 3 years in my credit spread journal and I still got nasty posts about my trading and even ones that claimed it was bullshit so I decided it was not worth it anymore. This is an anonymous thread and who can even prove that the Trader P/L 2007 thread is entirely on the up and up, you dont know anyone there except their handle and posting history (maybe one or two of you are friends but still...).

So I never understand this obsession with "I got to see your P/L statement". I learned a long time ago it aint worth revealing P/L to random strangers on a thread. If they want X and you show them, they claim BS, if you dont show them they rip you apart. So its no win either way so why bother to impress people you dont know or could care less about.

I cannot believe that just because someone makes a claim you cannot live another day unless they post a p/l to back it up. Ignore the claims and if you dont believe it, well then there are 100s of trading claims made here daily you can ignore as well.

This is an anonymous trading forum, not a group of floor traders sharing war stories and we all know who everyone is.

I am sure you have better outlets for your energy.

#23     Jun 2, 2007
  4. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Yeah, I would like to hear the answer to that also. I know Fubar is same old T28/Allaces/etc

#24     Jun 2, 2007
  5. fubar

fubar

I don't really, never would have even thought about it without Jack trying to recruit me.. I asked a simple question that unleashed a Nazi like response from various quarters, now I'm curious

#25     Jun 2, 2007
  6. fubar, aka f(ck)(yo)ubar(on) aka Trader28:

Here are even more important questions for you to ask yourself:

"T28, why am I obsessed with this board?"

"T28, why am I obsessed with Jack Hershey and clan?"

"T28, why do I come here and troll for arguments with anyone who will cater to my deep need for conflict day and night?"

"T28, why not enjoy a full, rich and peaceful life away from et?"

"T28, why am I posting in this board day and night when I have a business to run, 2minute charts to watch for trades? I am a trader for real, am I not?"

"T28, is my life really this empty and forlorn? Is that why I'm obsessed with this board, trolling and instigating fights where ever I can?"

important questions to ask yourself

#26     Jun 2, 2007
  7. fubar

fubar

And of course here is more of the Nazi like protection for SCT as the thread is moved to chit chat

Well that is probably for the best.. SCT at best it is mere chat

Another gutless, faceless mod strikes again.. the really sad thing is he must be using SCT, which means he is a moderator and unprofitable... talk about the losers double :p

#27     Jun 2, 2007
  8. You didn't dig deep enough.

Steve did post his profit/loss statements in the following Trader P/L 2006 thread...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61514

Also, I'm very unbias (don't use their methods) but I will say that ET isn't the only place where traders post their profit/loss statements.

:D

I can also say that I know a few that do post their statements besides Steve but I don't know how much of Jack's method they are using.

My point, statements are being posted but they obviously don't care enough to let you know where and you don't seem to care enough to know either considering you missed the fact that Steve posted his statements for a length of time here at ET in 2006.

Once again, I'm unbias, I don't use their methods and the few that have posted statements...

I don't know how much of Jack's method they are using and their statements seem to be consistently profitable (I didn't read each and every one).

However, someone here at ET once said that if they aren't using the method exclusively as in not using anything else nor integrated into their own method...their profit/loss statements has no merits.

This I strongly disagree with.

P.S. Before you ask, I post my statements too...just not at ET nor do I care to tell you where. :cool:

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#28     Jun 2, 2007
  9. Pretty hypocritical of you to bash people for not posting their P&L when you, yourself, dont either.

Fwiw, I did post my P&L on the thread for 2 years, everyday. Dont recall ever seeing you post there, under this name, T28, Allaces etc.

Edit: Thanks Mark, posted before I saw your post.

#29     Jun 2, 2007
  10. Not a problem.

I'm always amused by a few that demand profit/loss statments, live calls or whatever when they themselves don't do it or easily miss the fact that some are already doing it.

I'll go know before I'm assaulted for posting a link to where some have posted their statements.

Mark

#30     Jun 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.