SCT.. whats wrong?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fubar, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fubar

fubar

I'm not knocking anything here so you can both stop defending it as if I am an enemy.. i just asked what seems to be a very sensitive question.. with all the other extraordinary lengths the SCT team goes to in convincing others of it's success.. why doesn't a single member post in the P/L thread?

#11     Jun 2, 2007
  2. I used they to refer to Jack and Spyder. I am certainly a student and proud of it. If I had known who I was dealing with I would not have bothered responding in the first place.

#12     Jun 2, 2007
  3. fubar

fubar

Uh huh.. proud enough to post in the P/L thread?

Because when I was PM'd in an attempt to recruit me that was the only question I asked and it seemed to unleash a backlash that still bemuses me, a backlash you also seem to be exhibiting. Seems to me anyone that was actually profitable would not go on the attack when that simple questioned was asked

Understand I'm not knocking anything here so you can stop defending it as if I am an enemy.. I just asked what seems to be a very sensitive question.. with all the other extraordinary lengths the SCT team goes to in convincing others of it's success.. why doesn't a single member post in the P/L thread?

#13     Jun 2, 2007
  4. Tums

Tums

Are you referring to this thread:
    Spydertrader's Jack Hershey Futures Trading Journal
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=83604

Spyder started this thread because some traders have expressed interest in learning SCT.
    They have been asking many questions in his <a href="http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83605" target="_blank">Equity Journal</a>, so Spyder decided to split the journal and started this Futures thread.

The learning begun in January, and is still in progress. Please see the syllabus below:

<font color="blue">January 1 - ES Chart: Price, Volume, Channels and the FTT
    February 1 - YM Chart: The YM leads the ES?
    March 1 - Gaussians and PV
    April 1 - STR / SQU (Stretch - Squeeze)
    May 1 - Fundamentals Review</font>
    <font color="red">June 1 - DOM (Depth of Market) / Time and Sales</font>
    <font color="blue">July 1 - TIC Charts and Two Pairs
    Aug 1 - Flaws Summary
    Sept 1 - Additional Signals for Change
    Oct 1 - Putting it all together
    Nov 1 - Real Time Video Example Trades
    Dec 1 - Dec 20 - Final Exam</font>

Probably you will see some people posting their P/L after the Final Exam.
    Then again, maybe not, if they have nothing to prove.

#14     Jun 2, 2007
  5. basis

basis

Just give up on the SCT stuff. Your time is better spent on... anything, really.

#15     Jun 2, 2007
  6. fubar

fubar

Still learning? after 666 pages?

If thats true why all the hostility over a simple question?.. must be a very difficult learning process for so many to get bent out of shape over a simple question

And you would think there would have been at least one graduate by now that would fly the flag in the P/L thread or even one of it's teachers who cant use the excuse of still learning

And at the end of this process are we really meant to believe graduates will be reaping 3 times the daily range without ever experiencing a loss as it's founder assures?

Sorry, but my bullshit radar just started beeping

#16     Jun 2, 2007
  7. Jander

Jander

fubar...

Im not going on with the 'pointless debate' which you are 100% correct about. fwiw, you seem like an intelligent person. I am not unbiased, as you say. I think it's a great method and am looking forward to getting it down cold.

Why doesnt anyone post results? I can only speak for myself, but I have a full time job and cant trade during the day most of the time. I also think that half way into learning this method, my results dont tie into the soundness of the method anyway---which Im sure is the leap people like yourself would make.

Im not going to waste anymore time on this, especially on Saturday morning. Just trying to level with you. Learning the method (or what has been taught so far) has helped my trading a great deal and quite a few others Im sure.

You keep saying "Spyder and Jack are trying to convince everyone" This couldnt be further from the truth. If they were trying to convince you, a blotter would be posted. They are passing forward knowledge to others in the most un-selfserving way possible -- FREE. I dont want to burst your bubble, but you were not trying to be recruited. You were asked to join the thread to see for yourself, and avoid posting these nitwit threads

#17     Jun 2, 2007
  8. I asked him to do something simpler than that and he declined.. as has every single member of those threads

=

Trader28 and a few aspiring users of SPM were invited to post inside the P&L 2007 thread as well. How many of them, starting with the ringleader have ever demonstrated any profits?

JH and ilk may be full of crap. No more or less than the SPM crowd, by relative measure of who posts real results where all of ET can measure and see.

#18     Jun 2, 2007
  9. fubar

fubar

Exactly, you are not unbiased, so every word after that is meaningless because you actually believe that Jack provides a method that reaps 3 times the daily range without ever having a single loss, yet not even he has ever posted in the P/L thread and the only time he ever went on record as far as I can see was to post a 26% loss in a trading contest when there wasn't even real money on the line

So I am entitled after being harassed by PM to ask... where is the proof?

Why doesn't a single one of them including the teachers (who cant use the excuse of still learning the method) post in the P/L thread???

#19     Jun 2, 2007
  10. Why dont you post there?

#20     Jun 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.