SCT vs AHG

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by veggen, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Tester

Tester

#51     Oct 22, 2008
  2. I have a new name for SCT, its called SCB.

Seamless Continuous Bullshit.

#52     Oct 22, 2008
  3. euclid

euclid

It's hardly seamless. I've never seen so much nonsense stitched together in one method.

#53     Oct 22, 2008
  4. jem

jem

by the way - in my opinion - in this volatility, I could probably make sct work - except for any give 15min to 2 hour period I would be only working trades from one side of the market. In other words I am saying that using channels and some other concepts - I could scalp into the side of the market and make money.

#54     Oct 22, 2008
  5. I don't think you can claim to be able to do something you don't understand. What you're describing isn't SCT.

I think this thread has been ruined by the people with personal attacks. I suggest the OP ask to have it closed.

My advice to him is to read a little of both AHG & SCT threads and then pick one and give it a try. If you're not ready to make a 1-2 year commitment (at least a year of that not trading or simming just annotating) then that makes the choice easy, try AHG.

I'm done in this thread, good luck to everyone whether you use SCT, AHG, or any other technique.

#55     Oct 22, 2008
  6. Have you ever read the Iterative Refinements thread?

Most of the SCT'ers don't understand the system either ... so I guess they can't claim to use it either. :D

#56     Oct 22, 2008
  7. jem

jem

In this market all you need is an excuse or two to put on the trade. Using a channel to put on a trade into a trendline with 3 point stop and scaled out winner could yield very good results. If you are trying to trade both sides of the channel you are probably getting destroyed.

#57     Oct 22, 2008