SCT vs AHG

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by veggen, Oct 21, 2008.

#31     Oct 21, 2008
  2. Excellent suggestion! Too bad I didn't think of that. ;)

Thanks. I have known for a while that I'd eventually return to SCT. In my time off I've learned a lot and I'm sure that'll help me when I try SCT again. In the mean time I use a lot of SCT concepts in addition to other things I've learned.

#32     Oct 21, 2008
  3. Please feel free to add any comparison you wish. The OP is open to differences and profitability may be one of them.

For an inferred reference you may use time in the market as a nominal one.

As you know from pages 3 and 4 of AHG1 one of the features of AHG is to enter on conditions of high probability and to sideline when "you do not know what is going on". That is where I got the 10 to 20% from and from reading all the pages of the PA threads and jounals. My posts in those were promptly deleted and vulgar comments were made in doing so.

PA probably does what is considered the long term average of day traders. This is oft quoted as 1 point per day in ES which is 50 dollars per contract.

For various levels of pool extraction differing results are attained. In my personal experience with colleagues the range is from nothing to 6X the ATR.

From your posts, which I ocassionally track, this response is not within the bounds of your reasoning.

Anek says his range in points per day is 10 to 15 and his average is about 8. As you saw in a post by mandel (formerly JJ) he got a similar result for one day not using SPM with 8 trades 6 of which were profitable (If i remember correctly he netted 88 dollars av a trade and had 8 dollars av costs in fees).

The profitability comparison fails for these two methods as you probably figured out. As you read, I tried, recently to begin debriefing in the boot camp where the daily beginner points could be running at 125 points per contract. the topic of debriefing was how a beginner earns the right to add contracts. 40 points is required to add a contract. 40 points represents, mathematically, a doubling of contracts.

AHG people in the threads and journals did not face the problem of adding contracts. Mandel demonstrated this over a two year period on Monday, last by not in two years having added contracts to increase profitability.

So, prima fascia, one method cannot add contracts frequently and the other adds them daily. This is the test of any comparison of any two systems: how fast the application of capital can be increased.

You can google my posts relative to starting HF's. There I was at enquiry about how long a time a HF would have before its cover was blown in the public eye. The issue comes down to how application of capital increases profitability and, especially, how compounding of profits (see mandel's posts yesterday, since he says he is going to embark on this in his boot camp thread) blow covers.

#33     Oct 21, 2008
  4. jem

jem

lifetime trusts and millionaires. That has to be the most delusional or fraudulent post ever.

And those are the ones that bug me. A lifetime trust for a handicapped person.

You see what a pychotic salesman jack is. He could be president with that sort bullshit. He is selling the dream. Change.....

Jack - why don't you produce the truly inspiration trader who owes you so much.

#34     Oct 21, 2008
  5. Jack Hershey's posts are delusional and he is a liar.

Here are the true numbers. Based on posted results, realized with real trading accounts and real trading based on the the SCT and SPM methods. The measurements are done on a Profit Per Trade ("PPT") basis.

Spydertrader (SCT): $15.00 per trade churn & burn

Neoxx (SCT): -$200.00 per trade Blow Out (and I don't mean the movie)

MandelbrotSet (SPM): $100 per trade Just another day

#35     Oct 21, 2008
  6. The EOP's incoming line is 202-456-1414. I used the North Gate at 1600 PA Ave. The speed limit at Camp David is 35 on the main campus and near the entry gates and in and around the press trailers.

No one owes me anything. I am happy that over the years a lot of people have passed forward what they learned and used their resourses to help others.

The parents of this person had three children. The oldest was mentally and physically challenged. The dad worked at IBM and I met him when he was running the fund raising for a new "Y" in Poughkeepsie. He also ran the two weekend maintenance camp outs for the "Y" camp of the area. W W Smith donated the camp and the indian name reflects that Wa Wa Segoia. All the buildings are made of chestnut which became diseased in the area of the 600 acre camp.

Al and I played double deck Hearts in the evening at first but trading became a side topic. I was single and had diner at their place and went to the Baptist church they attended.

Our class reunions at RPI were '35 and '55 so we occasionally went together after I was married and settled down. We both recruited for IBM at the time.

He bought 50 acres north of Hyde Park and across the NY Central tracks right on the Hudson river. As time passed it became necesary for the family to send their daughter to Camp Hill, PA where she was going to live for the future. His other daughter married Tom of Thomas and Betts and they lived in Central Bucks County where I took up residence after returning from Switzerland.

I had a MB (170S) that was one of 22 in the US and I traded it when I got rid of my 300SL. Al's son was to become a freshman at RPI so Al bought the 170S cabroliet convertable which was yellow with black fenders and running boards as a gift for his son. I had first refusal on it since the car was appreciating in value as was the 300SL before it. We both thought it would be a nice car for his son to have while at college.

I used the 170S and I had a 190SL as well for going over to a small Greenwich park east of Greenwich proper to go sailing on my King's Criuser (US 122) (named the Consort originally by the trasurer of Yatching magazine) out of Gothenburg, Sweden which I kept on a mooring there and I had a slip for my dinghy too. At that time I raced in three types of races: the A and B boats (with Tom Chubb out of Indian Harbor) and on Shields class with Parmer Sparkman (Larchmount Yatch Cloub) and his brother) and on L 16's and B classboats (Bounty II) with Bennett Fisher out of the NYY club. Bell 32A off Greenwich and across from Oyster Bay was a frequent starting or finishing point.

You orient to me as if I am delusional to you. My life and its experiences are probably very different than yours.

I had a lot of fun and a lot of toys and Al and I did alot of things together and for each other. The first IBM charter jet flight to Europe (the second one ever) Al didn't take but we did. He drove us to the IBM country Club in his caddie and wore a chauffeur's outfit. He was general manager of the Data Systems Division and IBM was very stuffy about its heirarchy and pecking order. He built the country club and the staff knew him and it was a really super experience for all of us. He wouldn't let us carry our bags.

You see me as a fraud. That is the way it is. What is going on around the world with SCT and PVT on 25 exchanges now is not within the realm of what is real to you. Maybe millionaires aren't real to you either. I feel that being a milioinaire is just a pragmatic manifestation of taking capital out of markets and it can be done by mostly anyone who decides to.

That decision is an interesting one. People read my posts. Apparently you are one of them and you have built a set of rating scales you use to qualify, in your responses, how my posts and maybe others, score. I am setting records on your scales.

It look like there is a possibility that you will not start practicing PVT, SCT and SR soon. It may take longer for you to decide to start becoming a millionaire. I just went through and effort to be helpful, deeply helpful to a group in a boot camp setting. I only got as far ask trying to get a peson to put horizontal lines on a log (I failed) and I could not get the person to understand the value of color in learning (I failed). I did work at it for half of the time until my next cancer surgery, however. I have a period coming up when I will be on pain killers and I am going to be feeling really good. But I can't think too well for a period of time.

Well at this point I have lost track of the adult handicapped people who have life time trusts, but I do remember three in one day was my record and they were all Irish. I used to spend St Pats day with the families. I know one of these families bought a home for cash and saved several hundred thousand doing the deal. Their little girl has a corral for a desert turtle and she goes to get lettuce when her mother takes her shopping. The tortise lives under a desert cactus in a hole he dug. His nose turns green when he eats lettuce. The home has a recording studio and one of the largest big band record collections in the world (including the extended play WWII army signal corps recording of the big bands that broadcsast from England during the war. I used to get casset tapes of songs that the father would record for me when he got a break from doing rerecordings or ran across something he thought I would like.

Your world is so different and it sounds like a harsh and unyielding place. It is all built the way everyone builds their worlds. Decision by decision. We built a record here of passing forward learning. A way to have either a mechanical system or an ATS built on certainty on any level of effectiveness or efficiency a person decides he wants or needs.

What a person has when it comes to an end is his collection of decisions and their consequences. I'm cooking the entre for a dinner this evening where 15 people will meet to deal for three hours on reading labels to understand how to prolong their recover from cardiac difficulties. I will learn right along with each one of them. One of the leaders uses me as an example because he knows I can take criticism and learn from it (he knows he won't upset me as may be possible with others). The 3 hours each week we spent together are the highlight of the week for many of the people.

In my life I get to have each moment that passes be the highlight of my life. My remberances here in this post have been especially heartfelt for me and I plug away at being helpful to others opportunity after opportunity.

I certainly can't "make" you rich and helpful to others but at least I can lend some reality to other readers who may be able to perceive that I do help out and I do nudge people to think with their minds and, perhaps, some will dig a little deeper and make use of their potential to go just one more step in a good direction.

Thank you for your post. I appreciate it for the time you have given me to reflect and consider others that I have known in my life. I got a speeding ticket at Camp David once. and a Mormon PhD (biology) who played "catch a mythical animal in a bag" was caught at night on the grounds and military MP's really chewed me out for breaking the rules. the President thought it was funny.

#36     Oct 21, 2008
  7. Take my word for it; if you spent a thousand hours learning brain surgery you could do it. The reason you don't get SCT is because it DOES NOT work.

#37     Oct 21, 2008
  8. jem

jem

jack it is not about orienting to you - its about you orienting to the real world of trading for profits.

You are not there yet. You produce zero edge.

You speak of millionaire but never produce them.

I was profitable for years and now I am again. I need the volatility we have to thrive.

YOU HAVE NO EDGE. YOU PRODUCE NO PROFITS AND NO PROFITABLE SCT TRADERS.

If you can't make money in this market - you are not a daytrader.

By the way I grew up in Greenwich, went to high school there. Why don't you tell me when you lived there and I will see if you are full of shit about that too.

#38     Oct 21, 2008
  9. slacker

slacker

Your guess would be wrong unless you believe, as taught in the Hershey cult, that everything is based on one of his links somewhere.

As far as Anek's thoughts on Hershey this probably sums it up...

#39     Oct 22, 2008
  10. Got the right idea by now, veggen? :p :D

#40     Oct 22, 2008