SCT vs AHG

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by veggen, Oct 21, 2008.

1. I originally though this was a "joke thread" design to take (yet another) dig at Jack Hershey and SCT.

But I see that veggen actually was serious, and he just doesn't have enough experience on the board (or with trading) to know which system is best, and is just trying to find his way.

Jack Hershey has never posted a blotter, has entered competitions and come in dead last, has made portfolio recommendations to people which have turned out to be losers, and his most recent attempt to mentor someone ended-up in catastrophic failure with the guy asking for help as he bled his account with bad trade after bad trade.

Anekedoten is one of the most talented traders to ever hit (and leave) this board, who tried to take his natural ability and codify it into a systematic method of trading. His AHG+ methodologies are the result of that effort.

Because you really don't want to pay attention to what Jack says (if you know what's good for you) and Anekedoten is no longer around (tiered of the nonsense and the responsibility) you might want to pay attention to what Trader28 / Godsfinger is doing over at his BootCamp thread veggen.

It's right here: SPM BootCamp.

Good Luck

#21     Oct 21, 2008
  2. AHG1 was a platform to build upon. Whether or not he posts updated versions has little bearing on how credible the first one was.

#22     Oct 21, 2008
  3. As everyone who reads this board and actually trades knows, trading is a process of evolution.

#23     Oct 21, 2008
  4. I will propvide the link..... but not now.... takes a while to dig for it.

#24     Oct 21, 2008
  5. I sincerely thank you for your post (note: cunparis is pro SCT).

By doing 1/10th the work required to become proficient in SCT (according to your statement) any trader on this board could be up and running using the SPM method.

That's right, 1 or 2 months annotating and studying the chart(s) of the idicie(s) that you wish to trade.

But most people won't even do that much, it's just how it is.

Good trading.

#25     Oct 21, 2008
  6. Below is a comparison by some topics.

Over the last 50 years a lot of different trading strategies have emerged.

The current thing that is in vogue among vendors and clients is PA. As the record shows people do not start with PA but it is a last step in a trader's career on average.

For me pool extraction was a natural outcome of my heritage and training. The pools were there and the market's behavior was enunciated by the P,V relationship. As technology came into being I made use of it. At the beginning differentiating my mind was the only game in town.

The contrast between the CW and pool extraction could not be greater. For me pool extraction has always been a means to an end: solving community problems without being fettered by any constaints. Time and money allow this. I envision all the people who decide they want to, can by becoming rich and then helpful. That is how it works out in pool extraction.

This is a quicky.

[​IMG]

#26     Oct 21, 2008
  7. Thank you for bringing SPM to my attention. I'm always interested in these type of things. I'm going to check it out.

For me the biggest hurdle with SCT, and what I presume will also be the biggest hurdle with AHG, is that to learn it you have to wade through thousands of posts in the forum.

I think if the creator of a method would write a book, it would be a thousand times easier. And I think that's why many do not finish the program.

For example, I love to read on the train to work. When a method is taught in a journal it's impossible to do that. same for in bed at night.

I say this in case anyone is interested in writing something, that they consider how they present it. I'm not talking about published books, even just a PDF would be great (it could be printed).

Ok, so I'll check out AHG & SPM. That should keep me busy for quite a while. ;)

#27     Oct 21, 2008
  8. I just visited the page and see it's the MACD xover strategy. I already tried backtesting that and couldn't get it to be positive.

This may be off topic to the OP so I'll pursue SPM in the SPM thread.

Thanks

#28     Oct 21, 2008

9. What about profitability?

PA

#29     Oct 21, 2008
  10. Neoxx

Neoxx

Hi Cunparis,

Have you ever considered going back to Spyder's journals, putting everyone but Spyder on ignore, then printing off the resulting super-condensed version for reading on the train with a couple of highlighters?

Just a thought.

Neo

#30     Oct 21, 2008