SCT Futures Index trading Method.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Grob109, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just wanted too post a few more important things that I would consider pertinent too SCT success.

The first issue that comes up very often is when too sideline for lunch and when too restart trading in the afternoon for the afternoon wakeup. If you dont execute this correctly, you will give lots of profits back too the market. I have been fooled many of times too thinking that we were BO of centering when the only thing that happened was a FBO followed by recentering. SCT makes money when there are price moves that are great enough too warrant the risk. My filter that i have decided too use too tell me if the volatility is there for the risk is using MACD. I will enter as if i expect a BO out of centering. If we do not get a + or - .2 on the macd by the second bar. I will exit and wait for the next BO out of centering. If we do get .2, then I will continue too take SCT trades as we are proabably trending.

The other issue is apa's and the proababilities when the current apa bar closes. I have found that SCT and apa's usually put you on the right side. There is one instance when i find that the apa does not put you on the right side. This occurs when the current bar is an IF 2 that ticks 3 ticks away from the prior bars high or low. The price then retraces in the current bar to the prior bars high or low which calls for an apa. Its at this point we are not sure if the apa put you on the right side for continuation of the trend or put you on the wrong side. I have found that a good indication of whether the apa put you on the right side or not is watching where the current bar closes compared too where it opened. If the bar closes at the same price it opened or closes as a color opposite too your position, it has a higher probabililty of being a reversal. This than indicates that the apa you jsut took proabably put you on the wrong side.

I would really appreciate if you would comment on these thoughts. Thanks.

jc

#11     Oct 28, 2003
  2. LOL!!!

#12     Oct 28, 2003
  3. yea well Jack, me and quite a few others are claimoring to read a book of your work. You've been asked to provide even one single ISBN number but you declined. How can your followers KNOW you've written books? Take you at your word?:)

Anyhow, I was talking about getting that futures trading book done, the one you supposedly are working on since X years lol. prolly would save ya lotsa time cutting and pasting from thread 343 to to thread 89745 lol.

#13     Oct 28, 2003
  4. This thread needs a bump. Its been 4 years since anyone responded to Grob109......................absurd!!

#14     Sep 18, 2007
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

luckily, Spyder decided to open the future thread otherwise I will not be able to understand any of this SCT talk.:D
    This is a 6y old chart of cj, an old trader. I used to stare at it and wonder how did he draw it and what did he see.
    [​IMG]

#15     Sep 18, 2007
  6. No, it didn't need a bump

#16     Sep 18, 2007
  7. plodder

plodder

grob109 was banned (excessive obscenity?) and morphed into jack hershey

#17     Sep 18, 2007
  8. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1084698#post1084698

Quote from Grob109:

... fucked ....fucked ...
    .. shit... shit..fucked. shit...
    ...fucking ...
    ... fuck ...fucking ...
    ... fuck ...
    ... fucks ... fucking ... fuck ...
    ...fuck ...... fucked ... fucking ...fuck...
    ...fucking ......fuck ...
    ... 100% fuck ...... fucked ......fucked ...... fuck ...fuck up.
    ... fucking ...... fucking ... fuck ... fucking ...fuck ... fucked ... fuck ... fucking up... rat's ass ... Fuck no.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote gerry875
    for those who don't have the time to go through the details i filtered out what is the substance of this rather long post of somebody who obviously is one of the most valuable contributors to these boards as he proved once again here.

as you can see - this is pretty much information for one single post - but reading it several times you may find the red line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Grob109:

...I require people to put out every ounce of their potential...

the above seems to be the kernel of his potential.

what we have here is definitely a well balanced person who is for sure stable enough to trade the financial futures day by day. a person who is open minded and can bear some criticism from time to time. a person who doesn't hesitate to show his real ego occasionally

#18     Sep 18, 2007
  9. I'm not trying to defend anybody here, but I went back and looked (like an idiot) to seee if JH really said that and only found that someone else did? am I wrong here?

#19     Sep 18, 2007
  10. Jacks actual rant containing all the words quoted by gerry875 was deleted for obscenity. A curiosity of ET moderating allowed gerry875's filtered quote to remain. You can PM gerry875 and ask him fwiw.

#20     Sep 18, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.