Screwed because I'm responsible(more useless charity)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by r-in, Feb 18, 2009.

1. r-in

r-in

So again, since I pay off my mortgage and bills and live within my means I get to pay for all the pricks that went out of their way to spend more than they could afford. I'm not just talking the poor that maybe got sucked in by slick willy the mortgage broker who only wanted his commission, I'm talking about the poor execs, new doctors, new lawyers who feel they are owed the mega house, Mercedes, etc. simply because they graduated. Screw the idea of paying off your student loan and saving like the rest, they needed it now because they deserve it now. What a pile of crap this bill is and now we also get to sit through another circus of the auto industry begging while Congress pretends like they are upset and going to make them justify the next load of cash. More like they are waiting for the current loan money to hit their campaing funds and then let loose another torrent of cash to piss away.
    Ok, back to trading and hopefully Geithner and Bernanke will keep the markets moving today.

2. gnome

gnome

Maybe... when enough of us get pissed at being hosed... we can THROW THE BASTARDS OUT... and get new bastards..

Amazed me to learn... the approval rate for Congress before the '08, election was only 14%... yet, 95% of incumbents got re-elected?

WE MISSED OUR CHANCE! Does the American voter collectively have his head up his butt?

Or, do we just go to the polls like automatons and vote the party line?

Sheesh!

3. wag asking for 30 bill saying at 11.5 million units they will turn the corner. full well knowing they were losing at 17 million units, full well knowing they will be back at the trough in a few months.

why not give the hundreds of billions to industries with promising outlook? or the poor and destitute. if we are going to piss away that money might as well not be on operating losses of a loser company with a bloated union and infrastructure that makes productsthat are no good that nobody wants.

4. jsv416

jsv416

No doubt all the bastards should be thrown out!!! Voters either have their heads up their butt or I think the american voter is more concerned about keeping his/her job, keeping food on the table, keeping up with their meds. Generally keeping their head above water. Gov't knows they can do a lot of stuff that voters dont like and is not in the best interest of the country, because ultimately nobody has the wherewithal or the time to go to Washington and camp out on the front steps of Congress and protest!! The way american society operates right now the population is enslaved by things that some consider normal parts of daily life. Ultimately as a free country I think we are hosed, America is no longer the land of the free and the home of the brave......

5. da-net

da-net

Only Larry Levin! Enjoy!

THIS IS COMING: (tongue planted firmly in check)

Congress approved sweeping legislation, which provides new benefits for many Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act (AWNAA), signed into law by President Obama shortly after its passage, is being hailed as a major victory by advocates of the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.

"Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society," said Kerry, a longtime AWNAA supporter.

"This is why many of them voted for me. We can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they do a better job, or have some idea of what they are doing", said Obama.

President Obama pointed to the success of the US Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. Approximately 80 percent of postal employees lack job skills, making this agency the single largest US employer of Persons of Inability.

Private sector industries with good records of nondiscrimination against the Inept include retail sales (72%), the airline industry (68%), and home improvement "warehouse" stores (65%)

President Obama has also set an example, personally selecting hundreds of Nonabled people for top government positions, including many cabinet-level jobs.

Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million "middle man" positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.

Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given, to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees. The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations which maintain a significant level of Persons of Inability in top positions, and gives a tax credit to small and medium businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.

Finally, the AWNAA contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the Nonabled, banning discriminatory interview questions such as "Do you have any goals for the future?" or "Do you have any skills or experience which relate to this job?" and "Are you awake?"

"As a Nonabled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them"" said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, MI due to her lack of notable job skills. "This new law should really help people like me." With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.