Screw these anti-war demonstrators

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Spuds or taters.

#71     Jan 20, 2003
  2. Here's a little ditty for you:

"The most piercing “message” on President Clinton’s crimes came from the Supreme Court after the Senate Democrats refused to remove an impeached Clinton from office. When Clinton delivered his next State of the Union address, not one single Justice showed up. Not one. Never before has the entire Supreme Court boycotted a president’s scheduled State of the Union address."

#72     Jan 20, 2003
  3. They might have done the same if Nixon hadn't resigned.

So what is the point?

#73     Jan 20, 2003
  4. You have to ask?

#74     Jan 20, 2003
  5. You the one who keeps bringing up the subject of Clinton, right?

Your Clinton obsession ranks second only to your RS7 obsession.

I am still waiting for someone to post the list of intelligent and funny Republicans.

#75     Jan 20, 2003
  6. rs7

rs7

C'mon.....one or the other is tough enough. Both qualities in one person?

OK. Dubya is a smart guy....look what he did with the Texas Rangers! And he's a Yaley. So let's see if he is funny to boot:

http://www.columbiacentral.com/dubya/

#76     Jan 20, 2003
  7. I've given you credit for being a very bright person. When I see you starting threads like this, my reaction is that you must be playing stupid for the sake of irony to make a point.

You may know a lot about programming and mathematics and game theory and many other things, but if you are making these statements sincerely, there's something definitely lacking.

Maybe your generation will have to live through a nuclear holocaust before you realize the horrors of war, and the fact that escalation makes the world more dangerous, not more peaceful.

You know all about strategies and market theories. Surely you are aware that things build on themselves. When it comes to violence, especially aggressive militarism, the momentum is more dependable than any you will ever see in the stock market. You're arguing that you can light up a cigarette in a silo full of gunpowder to make the world safer.

#77     Jan 20, 2003
  8. wild

wild

Du hast den Nagel auf den Kopf getroffen ...
    (you´ve hit the nail on the head)

regards

wild

#78     Jan 20, 2003
  9. Exactly, Saddam is a smoker, got to remove the silo and him.

#79     Jan 20, 2003
  10. Don't really buy the metaphor, but I'll go with it: Seems to me there are many silos and countless cigarettes - not to mention cigars, joints, hookahs, and every other kind of recreational inflammable - already lit up, in greater or lesser proximity to a wide variety of volatile explosives. Turn your back on the situation, and you're guaranteed a conflagration, and long before you're clear of the danger zone.

May be time to turn on the power hoses. You might get a lot of innocent people wet, may even knock a few over...

But, then again, I don't really buy the metaphor.

And sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, or even with explosives, as a matter of fact.... Remember how they stopped the oil well fires in '91?

Not that I buy the metaphor.

#80     Jan 20, 2003