screw the futures, S&P will finish LOWER friday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bob Rowshan, Nov 29, 2007.

Will the S&P finish friday down?

1. Yes, the S&P will be down on friday

29 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. No, the S&P will be up friday

44 vote(s)
    60.3%
  1. wizardc1

wizardc1

You will not believe the type of move these indexes are about to make to the upside, but, I guess this is what makes the markets, different views.

#11     Nov 29, 2007
  2. You're right, just look at what the last 2 cuts have done for us!! Must be all upside from here, the problem is over, low inter-bank rates are going to save us all.

When the cut happens (if) the dollar will get hit further and oil complex will get over $100 finally.. Equities LOVE high oil.

#12     Nov 29, 2007
  3. carried longs overnite

#13     Nov 29, 2007
  4. timbo

timbo

It's funny how the free markets work ;)

#14     Nov 29, 2007
  5. poll results favor the op...

...for now:

14 da bullz

10 da bearz

#15     Nov 29, 2007
  6. There is almost no correlation between oil and equities, it just seems that way because the media hypes it when the market goes down. For every day the market plummeted on higher oil, you can find a day it rose on higher oil. The market seems to have done fine the past few years as oil has gone up several hundred percent.

#16     Nov 29, 2007
  7. Forget futures, look at the carry trade...

#17     Nov 29, 2007
  8. You are right, I will not believe. If the S&P closes over 1500 in the next week, I will give you a formal apology. If not, you apologize to me. Deal?

#18     Nov 29, 2007
  9. wizardc1

wizardc1

I will give you my address so you can send me some nice wine/

#19     Nov 29, 2007
  10. This market is sitting one or two more deals like the Etrade deal from having a trading Market price for the toxic waste to price to rather than the internal subjective models thusfar. Katy bar the phukin door!

#20     Nov 29, 2007