Screw the children

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cesko, May 21, 2008.

1. Was alcohol involved on that rant?

I'd be willing to bet that you love the USA more than most.

#11     May 21, 2008
  2. AC,

I'm somewhat lost on your comments. I am trying to offer a point of view from the child perspective.

#12     May 21, 2008
  3. Interesting statement. So clearly, in your view, a parental figure who has the male arrangement of chromosomes is necessary for the optimal rearing of a child (I assume you wouldn't agree that a male-acting, male-looking butch lesbian would be a suitable surrogate for a 'father'). Could you be more specific? What is it about an organism which carries the X-Y chromosome pair that makes it a necessary part of an ideal parenting situation? After all, you didn't say 'father figure'. You said 'father', which clearly implies a male organism.

#13     May 21, 2008
  4. So clearly, in your view, a parental figure who has the male arrangement of chromosomes is necessary for the optimal rearing of a child

------------

Absolutely.

male-looking butch lesbian would be a suitable surrogate for a 'father').
    ---------------------------------

A woman who can swing a hammer is not a substitute for a man that can swing a hammer. She is not a man although equal.

What is it about an organism which carries the X-Y chromosome pair that makes it a necessary part of an ideal parenting situation?
    --------------------------------------------

It does not matter how you or I feel, or think. Ask a kid. They will tell you they want a mom and dad.

#14     May 21, 2008
  5. so tell me what makes a female a necessary part of an ideal parenting situation?

when a baby is born we can take it away from it's known or claimed parents, transfer it to a nursery, where he is fed and taken care of by people who have been taught to raise and care for babies and children, all this will be funded by tax money

WTF is a mom or a dad, who gives a fuck who's genes I'm carrying or who gave birth to me, they were just tools, like the lab tools we will use in the future to grow the fetus in, and off send the baby to where I was raised; the public tax funded nursery

those of you who consider themselves so smart and open minded, able to understand and accept the facts of life without shedding a drop of tear, before you talk and act so smart why don't you actually implement your ideology and theory on those that you are supportive of

next time when you question the value of ones position and it's usefulness, consider thinking about your own status and usefulness, rest assured that if you consider yourself useful for any purpose or mean you are doing yourself a favor by fooling yourself into accepting something that does not read properly with your system of thought, but you are able to actually twist and bend that just like the bent and useless person you are, believe me neither you nor any other fucking human being is useful, specially in that sense that every fucking one of you is replaceable with another fucked up unique person, unique you humans are in the same way every shit that a dog craps is unique in its own way, i'm not trying to teach you some fucking wisdom here, i want you to read this; keeping your nose high up in the air or talking loud and rude or acting all smart and intelligent does not change the fact that you too are useless and worthless in every possible way that you can think, that is if you don't start hallucinating when it comes to thinking about yourself

we can get rid of you or anyone person and nothing will change, we can annihilate any group of people and nothing serious will change, we can eliminate all mankind and nothing will change, at least not for the worst

#15     May 21, 2008
  6. I submit to you that in a culture where 98% of families have two women doing the parenting and 2% had a male-female parental combo, kids would tell us that they want two Moms. The fact that marriage has traditionally been between a man and a woman doesn't, in my view, have anything to do with the quality of parenting that a same-sex couple could necessarily provide. Please note the word 'necessarily'; I mean that in the philosophical sense. The biggest problem is that a lot of homosexuals are probably so fucked up by being homosexual in a homophobic society that they aren't well-suited to parenting in the first place.

I think that people who don't believe two women can provide a balanced upbringing with doses of the best of what men and women bring to parenting have not spent much studying same-sex couples.

I also think that the reason you posted your opinion is not that you believe male-female parenting teams is what kids want, but that you believe there's something about chromosomal maleness that allows men to provide some parenting benefit that women can't offer. Please accept my apologies and correct me if I'm wrong.

#16     May 21, 2008
  7. I submit to you that in a culture where 98% of families have two women doing the parenting and 2% had a male-female parental combo, kids would tell us that they want two Moms
    ---------------------------------

This could be true. The problem is: one half of the population is male, how will children learn to interact with males? Children ideally need to be socialized on a daily basis with members of the opposite sex in a domestic environment.

#17     May 21, 2008
  8. You have a point - the example I gave is artificial. Whether children need to be "socialized on a daily basis with members of the opposite sex in a domestic environment", I'm not sure. A couple with a lot of strong men in their lives who are around the kids could provide interaction with males. It all depends on how the women in question structure their lives.

I actually don't disagree that generally, one man and one woman are a goods parenting team. The unfortunate problem is that it's not true that every woman-woman parenting team would provide a sub-optimal parenting environment. There are some woman-woman teams who would produce extremely well-socialized, positive-minded, productive members of society. It's illegal to deny them the right to do what they want just because some others of their type might not be able to do such a good job.

Same reason that have to give driver's licenses to people of certain ethnic groups who are stereotypically bad drivers.

#18     May 21, 2008