screw steve46 (rich bastard) :) here is real chill for your bones

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FREElunch, Oct 24, 2006.

1. The first National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Thrownaway Children (NISMART-1) was released in 1990, and the second, known as NISMART-2, was released in October 2002. According to NISMART-2 research, which studied the year 1999, an estimated 797,500 children were reported missing; 58,200 children were abducted by nonfamily members; 115 children were the victims of the most serious, long-term nonfamily abductions called "stereotypical kidnappings"; and 203,900 children were the victims of family abductions."

Now, do the math here. I have, and here is the result, and keep in mind that this is statistical information for only ONE year, 1999.

Get out your calculator and figure this out for yourself if you think I'm wrong here.

With the numbers listed in the above study this leaves exactly 535,285 children gone missing WITHOUT A TRACE in one year alone.

2. Never heard of that study, but any examination of missing person stats suggests theres something fishy about either the situation, or the figures themselves.

ie, there's something the average joe public isnt being told.

3. acronym you just reminded me that better than average people do come to ET

yes there is more to it, and I know what it is, but I can't say here on public thread

but here is the thing, I can give you hint

similar figures in Latin America and Asia

more to it than just sickos taking kids

4. Hehe, no-one called me better than average before
    :)

All i can say, is that it absolutely defies comprehension, the number of missing persons. It simply doesnt add up;

Sure there are components of people, wanting to dissapear for various reasons, but your still left with a suspiciously large data set that plain old "vanished".

Particularly, when the profile of most doesnt' suggest they were on fat tony's "to do" list, and even that assumes organised crime is far more organised than anyone is led to beleive.

There is an anomaly, a discrepancy.

5. It is all about the fund raising . Lying has been long accepted as a valuable tool.

6. I have wondered about those numbers from various websites. Not just the children but the missing adults too. How many of these people are ever found? It's happening world wide.

I know a few people that have adult family members missing. They just go missing without a trace. Hardly any crime where I live. Creepy stuff.

The invasion has begun.

7. Bingo. Count the number of Amber Alerts. I'd be surprised if the actual number even approached 4 digits in this country.

8. pattersb

pattersb Guest

"reported missing" ... that may include everything from a child lost at the mall or an easily frightened mother calling to tell the cops her son is a couple hours late from school...

500k per year

~ 10k per state/ year

~ 30 per day/ state

~ .4 per day/ county

(I like averaging per state, mine nearly always falls in the fat part of the curve)

Not beyond the relm of possibility at all. Not sure where you get the 500k "WITHOUT A TRACE" ... that number is at 115.

#10     Oct 24, 2006