Screening For Specific Trade Setups

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Yannis, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Yannis

Yannis

I am looking for a screening tool (or trade website) that helps me devise, every morning, a list of stocks that are likely to rise during the day - and, conversely, a list of stocks poised to drop. Any helpful suggestion would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

2. how timely is quotetracker's new monitoring?

3. Yannis

Yannis

Thanks Landis, I'll take a look.

Not that I am trying to sell anything here, but, in the spirit of sharing, after some research I found out that TradeStation's RadarScreen can help (with some thinking, trial and error, etc) and so does Worden's SrockFinder.

In addition, I have experimented with StockTables, The Wizard, and VectorVest. I am currectly looking into DataView's HotScans wich seems to be good. We'll see. There are other tools on the market also, like StockTA, StockFetcher, etc, but I don't know much about them. Information overload. Oh well.

4. nkhoi

nkhoi

I just came across dojispace.com

5. Yannis

Yannis

That looks very interesting too - thanks nkhoi :)

6. CET

CET

I suggest you check out the stockfetcher and trade-ideas sites too.

7. Yannis

Yannis

Yes, I knew about Stockfetcher but I'll take a better look at Trade-Ideas. Thanks.

8. Does OmniTrader and TradeIdeas do something like what you are looking for?

9. Yannis go to finviz.com.
    Then go to screener.
    Next go to filters. Its near the top and use technicals. This should give you what you want. You can set up your scan from there.

#10     Feb 16, 2009