Screen Cleaner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by college ruled, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Any good way to clean the dried food spots and streaks off a display?

Water only leaves streaks.

2. Mysteron

Mysteron

Messy eater eh?

Here's a clue:
    [​IMG]
    :D

3. I have no idea what you are trying to convey

:p

4. My understanding is that ammonia based solvents shouldn't be used on LCD screens? It eats the plastic. Is this wrong?

5. If that's a concern, perhaps stick to the product that's specially designed for cleaning screens, like the one linked sold at Fry's.

6. NoDoji

NoDoji

To clean an LCD display beautifully, mix a single drop of dish liquid (Dawn, Palmolive, etc) into a shallow plate or bowl of distilled water (just a couple tablespoons water). Dip a clean microfiber cloth or plain (no lotion) facial tissue into the mixture, clean the screen and dry with another piece of tissue or dry microfiber cloth.

DO NOT USE any household cleaners like Windex, 409, etc!

7. Tap water leaves streaks. Used distilled... along with isopropyl alcohol. I use a 25% alcohol solution, but you can use up to 50%.

On my matte screens, I use a paper towel. (Some will say paper towel will scratch your screen... DUH!.... the matte screen is scratched all over by design. For shiny screen, I use an old t-shirt.)

8. <iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sMmjSE_d6J0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. I use rubbing alcohol.

#10     Sep 10, 2012