Screen Capture

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gnome, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Question ?

Don't most Windows Operating systems come with a "screen capture" type of software ? I hit the 'prt scr' button and then open the Paint program in accessories and do an Edit, Paste.

What ever was on the screen is captured.

#11     Nov 30, 2003
  2. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Sam Mcgee:

What's wrong with just pressing the print screen button then pasting the image into Windows Paint for editing?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I'm not kidding. Every computer I use has Windows Paint on it. It can do everything I need to do with a captured image. I can crop it, save it as a bmp, jpg or gif file. I don't need any more than that, I want to trade stocks on the computer and make money, I don't want to create works of art.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

#12     Nov 30, 2003
  3. You were so right .. thanks dude! :)

Here's a nifty little program I am using for capturing streaming audio off the net... TOTAL RECORDER Standard Edition.

Been using it for years.. cheap and effective with frequent free upgrades [for a lifetime, i believe].

http://www.highcriteria.com/

happy recording :)

#13     Nov 30, 2003
  4. gnome

gnome

I suppose that's true, but it sounds like WAAYYY more hassle than is necessary. If you're curious, you can try 5-Clicks for 30 days before buying it.

#14     Nov 30, 2003
  5. SnagIt works for me.:cool:

#15     Nov 30, 2003
  6. gnome

gnome

Duh Gordon... That was the point of this thread.... "SnagIt costs $40, 5-Clicks costs $9.95 and works just as well..." :D

#16     Nov 30, 2003
  7. kowboy

kowboy

I like Hyper Snap for $35. because it can crop before or after saving, can add text and notes easily, before or after saving. It works great for capturing charts for trades and adding text for trade logs.

#17     Nov 30, 2003
  8. Does any of the screen capture software allow you to take several captures in succession and keep them all on the screen? I want to be able to line up several snapshots on the screen shortly after taking them.

#19     Nov 30, 2003
  9. why

#20     Nov 30, 2003