Scottrade streaming data off?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by MRWSM, Jan 3, 2006.

1. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

I did not notice any delay with Scottrade streaming data today.

I happen to be in the middle of the process of moving from Scottrade to IB (plan to trade index futures), but I'll keep some money in Scottrade for two reasons: occasional larger position swing/position trades which are cheaper thru scottrade; and for $15/month Scottrade gives you NASDAQ Total View, which is a little better then level 2, which is almost worthless these days.

#11     Jan 3, 2006
  2. As of today, January 3, 2006, Scottrade free streaming is no longer real-time. Scottrade sent out the email to the people registered for free streaming quotes. This does not affect Scottrade brokerage accounts.

As for opening a small account just to get quotes, there is no need. You have IZONE/Ameritrade. Just select that for the quotes in QuoteTracker. Yes, it will work :)

Jerry Medved
    http://www.quotetracker.com/

#12     Jan 3, 2006

3. Could you explain more of what the email said? I have been trading their for six months as I stated previously. I got no emails from them about this. And I was using the streaming-quotes today, free of course.

RT

#13     Jan 4, 2006
  4. RunTrade

The issue is not with the free quotes available to brokerage clients. Those quotes work same as before. The issue is with free quotes that Scottrade was making available to NON-Clients. Those quotes are no longer going to be real-time.

#14     Jan 4, 2006