Scottrade streaming data off?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by MRWSM, Jan 3, 2006.

1. MRWSM

MRWSM

Seems to be way off track. Anyone else experience this today?

2. You still use Scottrade? Thats your real problem.

3. MRWSM

MRWSM

The price is right and when it works is more than I need anyway. I use Level 2 for order entry and the streamer from Scottrade fed into Medved Quotetracker even though it's a second or less behind does a fine job with a chart. Today it's like 20 minutes off. Might be time to move elsewhere.

4. IB is much cheaper and allows routing to multiple ECNs or SMART routing. The only way I'd use Scottrade is for mutual funds, but even then they lose a small % of the fund orders since they're manually processed. Move to IB....

5. MRWSM

MRWSM

I only have an account at Scottrade to get data. I trade through Izone at $5 a trade. I go in with $100,000 per trade so IB in not an option for me, way too expensive commissions.

6. gordo

gordo

Might want to check, but I thought that I read somewhere that Scottrade was going to delayed data on their streaming quotes sometime after the first of the year.

gordo

7. hmmm i trade with scottrade still (i know its unfortunate:p ) and have not been trading the last few days. I have not seen any messages of the likes of this topic nor did I see streaming problems today. Are their streaming quotes (today) now streaming quotes delayed 15 minutes? lol

RT

8. MRWSM

MRWSM

I would like to know if anyone that uses Scottrade streamer if it works real time. I might have to deposit money in Scottrade to get it working again. I don't know. All I can say is I tried Izone data and it sucks, it only goes out to 2 digits after the decimal while Scottrade goes 3 and 4 digits after. I like to know if I'm getting filled at the top or bottom of the penny.

9. so far my experience with scottrade (about half a year) has given me no problems. Everything seems real-time and the data feed is good. When I enter a limit, I will see it appear on the B x A almost instantly. No fill problems. Not sure why the majority has it out for Scottrade. My guess is previous problems in the past.

RT

10. MRWSM

MRWSM

Thanks, I might end up starting a small account at Scottrade to get their real time again if I can't live with 2 digit Level 2. Glad to hear Scottrade improved lately, they were pretty bad a few years ago for trading reliability.

#10     Jan 3, 2006