Scottrade says: I'm a 17b Daytrader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bat1, Nov 20, 2010.

1. updates?

#11     Nov 26, 2010
  2. Surdo

Surdo

#12     Nov 26, 2010
  3. Mav88

Mav88

I guess he can't post from prison.

#13     Nov 27, 2010
  4. Lol

#14     Nov 27, 2010
  5. Those guys can't find their ass with both hands, let GS run wild, but they're going to hang a 100k daytrader.

Well, somebody has to make an example.

Call me when Wall St is wiped out, and three card monty and the bit where you guess where the ball is are investment themes of choice.

#15     Nov 27, 2010
  6. RING RING:D

#16     Nov 27, 2010
  7. You sure thats right? I just went to the SEC website and it said 17b has something to do with penny stock quotations.

http://www.sec.gov/about/laws/sea34.pdf

Page 277.

I didnt read it all, just glanced over it briefly, but it seems the link you sent was the SEC act of 33 and this one is the act of 34. I think the OP is probably trading penny stocks, thats all.

#17     Nov 27, 2010
  8. You see it too?

Fuckers. "Investment wizards", and they're all sleight of hand assholes.

"Price discovery", and they're paying corp insiders 6 g's a month. There's some talent. We used to call that "bribes".

And then they chase down pikers, and hold up scalps like they cured leprosy.

#18     Nov 27, 2010
  9. There are two sections entitled "17b" in this document. My guess is that Scottrade refers to this (page 254 in your document):

17(b) RECORDS SUBJECT TO EXAMINATION.—
    (1)
    PROCEDURES FOR COOPERATION WITH OTHER AGENCIES.—All records of persons described in subsection (a) of this section are subject at any time, or from time to time, to such reasonable periodic, special, or other examinations by representatives of the Commission and the appropriate regulatory agency for such persons as the Commission or the appropriate regulatory agency for such persons deems necessary or appropriate in the public interest, for the protection of investors, ...

#19     Nov 27, 2010
  10. any updates on this?

#20     Jan 8, 2011