Scottrade charts dont work like they should

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by cashmoney69, Oct 25, 2006.

1. I use the Scottrade Elite platform DEMO for my paper trades. For the longest time now, the charts for the daily time frame do not print correctly...they print in a straight line. The candle
    for October 4th is screwed up. It says that the close and open were the same, and the low was 0.00.

YHOO ,INTC ,AAPL, GOOG and many more all show this error on October 4th.

I called tech support, and they just said "Sir we're working on it". That was two weeks ago. I drove down to my local scottrade office and asked to see if their charts we doing that too, but they wern't.

I cant do any effing analysis when my charts look like shit, no one seems to know what the problem is, or care for that matter.

IF ANYONE here uses Scottrade and has this problem, please PM me.

I tried to uninstall and re-download the program, thinking that maybe they patched the problem, but that did no good.

cm69

I forgot to say: When you open the picture file, dont maximize the window or the error that I'm trying to get you to see, wont show. The line running across the chart is just a cross-hairs that I use, dont worry about that line.

2. Looks like a data error, not a performance issue with the charting software. Having that extreme tick has re-scaled the chart.

See if you can get at the data and change it manually to match the pricing reality.

3. I use scottrader for my charting and they are screwed up again today. Has been about three weeks since the last major downtime. Works fine for weeks or even months, and then all kinds of problems for a few days. Since I don't execute with them, I don't put the money in to get elite module. They say it works better. I wonder.