Scottrade brokers get paid, what?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by DonKee, Aug 3, 2006.

1. DonKee

DonKee

I would hope so. If you've ever been a manager in the service industry, you know it's looooong hours and dealing with employees and customers who are borderline "mentally stable".

At least with Scottrade, you may only have 1 other employee to deal with, fixed hours, and the weekends and holidays are free.

Right now I'm paying $12,000/year just for my families medical through cobra. I may need to find a way to get this covered, that is a primary motivation.

#11     Aug 3, 2006
  2. But you'll get a lot of abuse from the outside by the classic "dumb money", the $500 account daytraders, etc...

#12     Aug 3, 2006
  3. Wow a grand a month in COBRA, that is a motivation. The prop firm I work for has no benefits so I also pay my own health, have you looked at a policy with a high deductible. I swear my policy only runs like is like a grand a year, with a $2000 deduct.

#13     Aug 3, 2006
  4. DonKee

DonKee

I'm looking. It is a problem when you include a family, dental, and eyecare. I'm looking for just medical right now and the different deductibles. It's really sick (no pun inended) when you find yourself taking a job just for medical benefits, but millions of Americans do it everyday.

#14     Aug 3, 2006
  5. i'm taking the course, 200k to start sounds good

#15     Aug 3, 2006
  6. UCLA

UCLA

DonKee, I actually know of a Scottrade trader who had about 4 years experience as an order taker before he went to Scottrade and he makes $38K in Orange County, CA. Sorry, I do not know of any other perks or benefits that might come with the position. He has been there just over a year and the last I spoke with him, he likes it.

Good Luck with the job hunt. What part of the country (city, state) are you in?

#16     Aug 3, 2006
  7. DonKee

DonKee

#17     Aug 3, 2006