Scott Prouty

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kut2k2, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Well a few had to be dragged out lincoln :D :D :D
    roosevelt:D

#31     Mar 14, 2013
  2. We know the klan is made up of poor uneducated angry white men. Therefore, you are representing very well.:D

#32     Mar 14, 2013
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

Given the dangerous crazies on the right, it was courageous to release that video. The guy now has a target on his back and you know it. I think you're just jealous.

During the tense weeks between the election of November 2000 and the theft by SCOTUS in December 2000, the thing that stands out most in my memory is that of all the passionate calls into C-Span, the only ones threatening violence if the Florida recount didn't go their way were ALL from the right. Not one Gore supporter was threatening violence if Gore lost.

#33     Mar 14, 2013
  4. That is pretty much the definition of hero, CO.

An individual being at the right place, at the right time, and does the right thing.

Name one hero that does not fit that definition.

#34     Mar 14, 2013
  5. +1

#35     Mar 14, 2013
  6. The right thing in whose opinion? Certainly not Romney, or his supporters, but I'll give you, it's not a good argument.
    My point is that simply doing the right thing does not make one a hero. Lot's of people do the right thing all the time without notice or accolades. I suppose you're argument would be that he somehow believed his life was in danger by doing this. That's a stretch which only makes sense in the mind of the hysterical leftist who believes everyone is out to get them. The whole, vast right wing conspiracy thing.

#36     Mar 14, 2013
  7. Speaking truth to power. Look that up. It can be quite dangerous, from Socrates to Karen Silkwood on up the line.

#37     Mar 14, 2013
  8. Well that at least partially explains why you work as a propagandist for them.
    Maybe you should have joined the Army reserve for that extra money instead. Lord knows your trading expertise {snicker} won't help.

#38     Mar 14, 2013
  9. 1) Let me guess you think that wasn't carefully planned or out of sample.:D

At best I'd say it was selective memory at work.

#39     Mar 14, 2013
  10. Yes the hero label goes way too far. But one thing everyone can agree on it is always a good thing when a candidates private views on how to govern are made public. Purdy provided accurate, unbiased information and that is a good thing.

#40     Mar 14, 2013