Score One For The 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pabst, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Look, Pabst.....Maverick too. How come you guys get to make over the top assumptions and posts, but I can't even make an OBVIOUS joke without getting a lecture?

As far as me living in a place you would rather puke than live in, the truth of the matter is I feel the same way. I moved here for a job offer, and it was a decent place for my kid to get a decent public education.....I could NOT afford private school at that time.

Now I'm stuck here. You think I was born and bred here? You think I can even stand this fucking place? I would RATHER take the L than have to park my car. But since I have no choice but to drive here, why not drive a fun car? I worked very hard to afford this life. Isn't that pretty AMERICAN?

I would tell you where I grew up, but then Max would jump on me for THAT. I will say that I got the shit beat out of me almost daily from kindergarten through about 3rd grade for being different. The only reason the beatings stopped was because either they got bored beating me up, or (I prefer to think), because I took it and just showed up every day.

So what do you say? Let's argue politics and trading styles and stop making false assumptions about one another. Don't call me a "prick" and and "asshole", (you CAN call me an "idiot"....'cause maybe I am one), and I won't imply you are a nazi. Fair deal?

BTW, though I do not own a gun now, I have, and I believe I have the right to. I got rid of my last gun when I had a good offer on a trade for an old Fender Champ amp. (Like the one Clapton..actually Duane Allman used to record Layla).

I have been thinking of getting another pistol. My son is too old now for me to worry about him finding it and becoming a statistic of a firearm accident. Like Max says, everyone knows he's in the Navy, so no worries there. Stepkids....way too old. They never creeped through my closets anyway.

Peace,
    :)RS

#21     Jan 1, 2004
  2. jem

jem

I bet error grew up a hoale in Hawaii. (I do not know how to spell howle). But a freind of mine grew up in Hawaii and he had to put up with just about every day being beat up hoale day.

Not that anyone cares but when I was eleven I was mugged for my bus pass three times. My mom told my dad it was time to pay for private school. My dad told my mom it was time to move to connecticut. I preferred connecticut.

#22     Jan 1, 2004
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Why did the homeowner use a *handgun* for home defence? A shotgun would not only be far more effective, but he could legitimately claim to be using it for sporting purposes and thus be much less likely to fall foul of the silly law.

Also how can a village ordinance ban guns when their ownership is protected by the 2nd amendment? How come no one has challenged this all the way to the supreme court?

#23     Jan 1, 2004
  4. bronks

bronks

They have a technical name for this behavior, but since I can't think of it, I'll call it what it is:

A waffle.

#24     Jan 1, 2004
  5. bronks

bronks

It's haole. Pronounced how-leh.

What you say about growing up in Hawaii is true to some extent. But as in anything else, it'll only happen if you allow it to.

Any means necessary my friend.

#25     Jan 1, 2004
  6. Cutten

Cutten

And you intend to enforce this how, exactly? :D

#26     Jan 1, 2004
  7. Pabst

Pabst

Cutten: The guy owns a restaurant in Chicago so my guess is he keeps the handgun around on a regular basis. Nothing scarier than closing up at night with several grand in receipts sitting in front of you.

As far as the law, Chicago and most suburbs have a law BANNING the possession of a handgun. Older gun owners are grandfathered. Hasn't kept Chicago from having a murder rate 3 times that of New York over the last half dozen years. last year the NRA was looking for someone to challenge the law, NRA would pay for the defense. Best of my knowledge no takers. Can't believe these laws can pass Constitutional muster.

BTW: Was reading in the British tabloids about the tragic murder of that policeman in Leeds. (By an American, naturally!) Interesting stat in one article. 50 unarmed police killed in the U.K. in the last 30 years. Not one ARMED copper has died in the line of duty. Cutten, what pct. of British police carry guns? Small right?

#27     Jan 1, 2004
  8. Not close. Sounds nice though.
    Just a bad area of NYC.

Here, I will help you out.

The technical name for this behavior is "accommodating the wishes of your loved ones". Some say "putting family first". There are a lot of ways to say the same thing.

Peace,
    RS

#28     Jan 1, 2004
  9. Isn't it odd that we had guns all over the place for a couple of centuries in this country with no real problems? Every kid grew up around guns and knew how to handle them safely from a very early age. Schoolyard shootings were not just rare they were nonexistent. What changed?

#29     Jan 1, 2004
  10. Drugs. Drug money. Drugged kids. And to some extent ...the way welfare backfired and created welfare mothers. Whose kids looked up to bigger kids instead of fathers. Sad indeed.

Peace,
    RS

#30     Jan 1, 2004