Score One For The 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pabst, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Pabst

Pabst

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hey Pabst, the left will argue that the old man could have defeated the burglar with hand to hand combat. Who needs a gun? I'm sure if the guy would have just politely asked the burglar to leave he would have left. I mean can't you reason with criminals and dictators like Saddam Hussein. Surely there must be a way we can talk to these people so they can see the error of their ways.

3. Man dies in gun accident
    By MARK THOMPSON
    Star-Telegram Staff Writer

A Denton man fatally shot himself while fishing with two friends on Lewisville Lake on Sunday, after reportedly misjudging how many rounds were left in a pistol, officials said.

Sergio A. Moreno, 36, discharged several rounds from a .22-caliber handgun into the water, then pointed the gun toward his nose and pulled the trigger again, according to statements from two men fishing with him in a small boat, said Kevin Patton, a spokesman for the Denton County Sheriff's Department.

"It looks like it's an accidental death," Patton said. That's based on statements given by Moreno's fishing companions that he "lost count of the rounds when he was firing the gun."

Moreno was found dead at the scene by Denton Fire Department personnel about 5:40 p.m.

The shooting occurred about 10 minutes earlier 50 to 75 yards off Lakeshore Road near Vacation Village mobile home park, Patton said.

Moreno was married and has at least one child, Patton said.

Moreno's friends said the three men were drinking earlier Sunday, but they did not take alcohol with them on the boat, Patton said.

Mark Thompson, (817) 685-3859 markthompson@star-telegram.com

4. Well Rogue Trader, that certainly makes a powerful and convincing case for banning ALL firearms.

5. is ART ever right about anything?? :(

6. Wouldn't it be nice if we could actually ban all firearms?

I would settle for better and safer gun control, but banning is good too.

Hey, how about banning guns and giving the death penalty to those caught with guns?

Wouldn't that be the ultimate compromise between right and left.

7. Pabst

Pabst

Actually Rogue unwittingly furthered my point. LOL.

8. So now you know what I wit intentionally and unintentionally?

I shall now call you Kreskin.

9. Pabst

Pabst

It's the only way it would work. Look at the situation now. 20 years for ARMED robbery isn't a deterrent to keep guys from robbing people for $30. My only qualm against draconian penalties for firearm possession is that I don't discount the odds of the citizenry some day needing to defend themselves from the armed government. We can cut the baby in half. Give criminals who use guns the swiftest, harshest punishments, let the law abiding live in peace.

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Oh man this is the best story yet. Thank god this moron killed himself. So darwinism really does work. Survival of the fittest. If some idiot shoots himself, one less idiot in the world to worry about. Why can't it be this easy all the time.

#10     Jan 1, 2004