Scientology’s spiritual headquarters

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by dealmaker, Oct 27, 2019.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Scientology’s spiritual headquarters:The Church of Scientology and companies run by its members spent $103 million over the past three years buying up vast sections of Clearwater, Florida. They now own 185 properties that cover 101 acres in the center of downtown, putting the secretive church firmly in control of the area’s future. Here’s how the church of Scientology planted spies in the state attorney’s office, framed the mayor, and spread false rumors — all in the quest to turn Clearwater into its spiritual headquarters.(Tampa Bay Times)

“They’ve got one intention, and one intention only. Buy up as much property as they can for the church — whether they let it sit there and rot — so no one else can be there.”

vanzandt, traderob and Bugenhagen like this.
  2. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Clearwater is probably going to get renamed then. I recall this happened in LA.

" L. Ron Hubbard Way, a manicured cobblestone street named after the group’s founder.

It resembles an idyllic cul-de-sac on a ’50s family sit-com — except for an abundance of security cameras.

It was renamed after Hubbard in 1996 despite resistance from area residents, who took issue with the idea of naming a street after a man some called a “bigot,” “charlatan” and a “crackpot.”

But the church got its way because it owned 55 percent of the properties within the precinct. Soon after the name was changed, the Times noted that 183 neighborhood residents wrote to City Hall to applaud the change, while nine complained."

dealmaker likes this.
  3. Why isn't the church investigated for the child abuse, unpaid wages, harassment, and keeping people confined to the churches against their will?

Just because an institution has church in their name does not mean they can't be investigated.

4. The wife of the top dude is missing, locked up somewhere and no one knows if she is dead or alive.

dealmaker likes this.
  5. Hi everyone, do you have some updates in this case? I really don't understand how people can do something like that with the other persons. Something crazy is happening in the world. I read somewhere that in the last period in our universe is happening something different, planets are entering in the other atmospheric and this influence us too. I even found a blog https://www.spiritualunite.com/articles/ and started to read about all these spiritual things. To be honest, only now I can see that universe is giving us everyday tips on how to be near those people who are born for us and we don't follow them.

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  6. Top Veep Contender Praised Scientology at Church’s 2010 Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony

Rep. Karen Bass (D-CA), a leading contender to be Joe Biden’s running mate, heaped praise on the Church of Scientology at a 2010 ribbon-cutting ceremony for a Los Angeles facility, The Daily Caller reports. At the event, which was filmed, Bass praised the church’s founder L. Ron Hubbard and told the 6,000 attendees that the opening was “an exciting moment because I know your goal and your commitment is truly to make a difference.” Bass, 66, was a member of the California General Assembly at the time. The shady church has been accused by former members of operating like a cult, allowing sexual and physical abuse to proliferate, and intimidating former members into silence by stalking and threatening them.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/top-v...ology-at-churchs-2010-ribbon-cutting-ceremony

7. A lot of things have changed since 2010, but he is a politician so he probably did it for PR.
    Especially if the 'church' is in his district.
    I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
    But I still think they are as corrupt as they come.