Scientists warn of 'emergency on global scale'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Mar 29, 2012.

1. No life in the ocean and only a population drop of 20 to 30%? Man, you're wildly optimistic.
    There is no evidence, by the way, in the CO2 records that have been kept at Mauna Loa since the fifties of any of the things that have been done so far having any effect. CO2 emissions rise and fall with the economy, so much so that it's actually the only indicator I use anymore to tell how the global economy is doing (slow crawl right now, but everyone knows that anyway). Not only that, but the rate at which CO2 is increasing is itself increasing; meaning, the increase is, and has been since records started being kept, parabolic.
    That being the case, that means there's no limit to how high CO2 levels will get, at all. There's no reason for it to stop at 400, which we're very close to now, or 500, or 600. The only way to stop it would be a massive human population collapse.
    I give that event a 100% chance of happening, and I'd say it's about three generations away. Your grandchildren may get to see it.
    Or not. Odds are they won't survive it, after all.

#11     Mar 29, 2012
  2. You are so right. Ultimately, it's all about money and power.

#12     Mar 30, 2012
  3. Yes, those power-hungry scientists.

It's amazing how this meme is brainlessly repeated by all the good brainwashed rabid righties.

#13     Mar 30, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

What say YOU futurecurrents?

Or are you just another full of shit hypocrite?

#14     Mar 30, 2012
  5. its happening right now where i live. vast areas of western forest are dead already. they were killed by pine beetle. it doesnt get cold enough anymore in the western mountains to kill the pine beetle so they are multiplying uncontrollably. the destruction in places like rocky mountain national park is amazing. you can drive miles and see no green trees.

http://e360.yale.edu/feature/whats_killing_the_great_forests_of_the_american_west/2252/

#15     Mar 30, 2012
  6. Good, I worried about it for all of about 30miliseconds : Now can I get on with my life?

#16     Mar 30, 2012
  7. I think everyone who believes this tripe should start with limiting their own personal co2 production in the respiration cycle.

#17     Mar 30, 2012
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

He won't discuss it. He wants to yammer about graphs he has no comprehension of and data he can't grasp. A self-important phony scientist.

I had a real discussion at work yesterday with a PhD meteorologist about AGW.

She has been helping me make movies that depict the potential for ionospheric scintillation around the geomagnetic equator using data from sensors the USAF supplied to me a few years back when I was making regular trips to a spot in the Pacific on the equator (154-deg West) and so was crossing the geomagnetic equator frequently (it is north of the geodetic equator in the Pacific).

She said she believes in AGW but that the leftists are mishandling/misrepresenting the data grossly and that it has damaged the AGW cause almost fatally.

#18     Mar 30, 2012
  9. Eight

Eight

fuck these "scientists". They have the university system locked up real tight, nobody that disagrees with them can have a job, a grant, anything at all..

Were I a politician I'd work to dismantle the University System and make those shitheads go work for a living..

Most of their World View could never survive the debate if they didn't own the venue for the debate. If they had to argue and win the debate in order to get students to come to their schools, well they would be hearing their echoes in the hallways.

#19     Mar 30, 2012
  10. The example I want to follow is Al Gore. He flies around in his private Gulfstream jet that burns 400 gallons of fuel per hour -- and then tells the rest of us that we need to change our lifestyles to consume less fuel!

#20     Mar 30, 2012