Scientists slowly proving the bible is right.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by peilthetraveler, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Maybe they are wrong and the first humans came from South America. :)

You support shit, not science....

#21     Dec 11, 2010
  2. Oh I'm not confused. If anything I'm in awe.

What you seem to be saying here, with the reference to animal to human being divine is that the mechanics of evolution were
    guided by the divine.

What do you mean by dropped from heaven? As in it rained humans? who believes that?

Even "dust" is of some composition of an element. Any solid can be dust.

#22     Dec 11, 2010
  3. stu

stu

In the same way children might debate if Luke Skywalker was really the Son of Darth Vader.

#23     Dec 11, 2010
  4. Wallet

Wallet

There are several Non-biblical references Greek/Roman/(hostile) Jewish from around 50A.D. and later mentioning the Christians and the Christ/Christos Khristos & Jesus listing witness of his birth place, miracles, some accusing him of magic, His crucifixion as well as mentioning some of His apostles and his followers.

Again the debate is not if He existed, there's ample proof of His existence. The question is, who do you think He is?

Divine or not, no other person has so impacted the world, to the point we mark time from His birth. All from a person who never traveled more than a few miles from His home.

And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger." And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!" Luke 2: 10-14 ESV

#24     Dec 11, 2010
  5. Eight

Eight

There is more documentation for the existence of Jesus than William Shakespeare!!

#25     Dec 11, 2010
  6. Eight

Eight

I do not bother myself with much of this "science" nowadays... when they cannot explain things they just don't mention it and they own the venue for the debate so........ forgettabbouttttit... they cannot explain why human dentition is made for eating fruit and vegetables but we cannot get all the nutrition that we need without eating meat.. but the Bible says that in the beginning plants were ok to eat and after the flood animals were added to the diet.. so the flood changed the world in a huge way... if you want laughs, you just watch some videos from drdino.com, realize that he is telling a lot of truth that these so called "scientists" have always gotten away with ignoring.. and then laugh at them every time they state their conjectures as if they are established truths.. if laughter is good for us well, there is a never-ending source of it for our viewing pleasure any day of the week...

#26     Dec 11, 2010
  7. Speaking of teeth, I will never understand how an atheist can look at a human tooth and believe it evolved some millions of years ago. Look at our teeth today...First we start with no teeth, then we grow our baby teeth. How did evolution know not to give babys teeth when they are breast feeding? How did they know babies with teeth might bite the nipple and how did evolution know it would hurt to get the nipple bit(and why did it care?) Then later because our heads grow bigger, our baby teeth fall out and permanent teeth come in. How did evolution know to do this? How also did evolution know to put nerves in the teeth because without nerves, teeth get brittle and crack easily. How also did evolution know to put our nervous system evenly through out our bodies. If its all chance, why is our nervous system evenly distributed? Why isnt it only in part of our body and not another part because thats what randomness does. Randomness does not make everything nice and neat into a little package.

Evolution can not "Know" to do that stuff, because "knowing" to do that implies intelligence and there can be no intelligence in evolution, therefore there are no intelligent evolutionists.

#27     Dec 12, 2010
  8. stu

stu

Around 50 AD...

I have to agree, all accounts of Jesus are dated many decades or centuries later with no verifiable historical accounts whatsoever of the character's life or death.
    Jesus is myth wrapped up as history which your post most adequately confirms.

#28     Dec 12, 2010
  9. stu

stu

Apparently religion requires that you say the exact opposite to what is true in support of its beliefs, .

#29     Dec 12, 2010
  10. stu

stu

"I will never understand how..."

... purposely or just unable to?

Evolution from simple to complex.
    Religion from complex to incredulity.

#30     Dec 12, 2010