Scientists...Got it wrong again!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, May 29, 2009.

1. stu

stu

Very good !!...now do axiom....

#51     May 31, 2009
  2. stu,

ROFL :D

#52     May 31, 2009
  3. Stu, I have been called many things during my lifetime, most of which can't be repeated around small children and polite company, but "acting the goat" is certainly the most unique ! LOL

You will, of course, explain to this ignorant man what "acting the goat" implies !

Regarding the question of existence, the argument can be formulated with $5 words or 5 cent words, they will both arrive at the same point.

I believe the Biblical account of "first things", others may believe in macro-evolution or any of a hundred other systems. We will all arrive at that great chasm , that impenetrable line of demarcation between beginning and pre-beginning.

What more really needs to be said ?

#53     May 31, 2009
  4. what needs to be said is why? why do you " believe the Biblical account of "first things"

does it make you feel good? were you there "first things"? that's how you were brung up? uh, i 'm in love with a priest and she says so? i got nothing else to do sundays, afterward we all barbQ/

? :D

#54     May 31, 2009
  5. jem

jem

now that you have been educated perhaps you will admit your mistake.

#55     May 31, 2009
  6. Ah yes, that stern grouping of letters that form the question "Why"........

"..Beyond the bright searchlights of science,
    Out of sight of the windows of sense,
    Old riddles still bid us defiance,
    Old questions of Why and of Whence..."

William Cecil Dampier-Whetham [1867-1952]

Why do I beleive in the Biblical account of creation and its Creator?

Because, for me, after a long journey, it is what makes complete sense. In the complete scenario, it makes complete sense.

Regarding Sundays and BBQ...I have not worshipped inside a church , or belonged to a denomination for almost 20 years.

#56     May 31, 2009
  7. what's makes sense to you that you are willing to suspend all reason?

what portion that makes "sense", makes you crazy?

what is it that "makes sense" to YOU, in this context?

i ask you earnestly because it's escapes me
    :confused:

#57     May 31, 2009
  8. “The biblical story of the perfect and finished creation from which human beings fell into sin is pre-Darwinian mythology and post-Darwinian nonsense." -Bishop John Shelby Spong

#58     May 31, 2009
  9. The very concept of sin comes from the bible. Christianity offers to solve a problem of its own making! Would you be thankful to a person who cut you with a knife in order to sell you a bandage?--- -Dan Barker, Losing Faith in Faith. evgelical preacher. former

#59     May 31, 2009
  10. how about this biblical scholar? i suppose he lacks understanding too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiUCN_e2dgY

#60     May 31, 2009