Scientists...Got it wrong again!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, May 29, 2009.

1. God stu it's nice to watch you work :D

#41     May 31, 2009

2. The authors of the above referenced statements [I did read the links] are allowing their initial bias to over-ride the required scholarship, the required understanding of the subject matter, which is necessary to forming a critical opinion.

I would agree, that away from the entirety of the Biblical economy, the concept of a "virgin birth" most probably meanders to the realm of mythology , as it should, as no other "virgin birth" has taken place.

The authors are missing the continuous thread of G-D's plan of redemption for fallen man.

If, as the Bible states, man is fallen from his first estate, then as G-d has revealed His plan of redemption through the Messiah, the need, the requirement that this Messiah not be beholden to an act of man, mundane procreation, is clearly evident. For if this Messiah, was beholden to an act of man before the gift of Mercy could be proclaimed, then why couldn't any act of man be acceptable [i.e., giving to the poor, praying 24/7, etc.]

"....It is the sign which accompanies and indicates the mystery of the incarnation of the Son, marking it off as a mystery from all the beginnings of other human existences. It consists in a creative act of divine omnipotence, in which the will and work of man in the form of a human father is completely excluded from the basis and beginning of the human existence of the Son of God, being replaced by a divine act which is supremely unlike any human action which might arise in that connexion, and in that way characterised as an inconceivable act of grace..........It is He who gives to man in the person of Mary the capacity which man does not have of himself, which she does not have and which no man could give her. It is He who sanctifies and ordains her the human mother of His Son. It is He who makes His Son hers, and in that way shares with humanity inher person nothing less than His own existence............"

Karl Barth [Church Dogmatics IV.1, page 207]

This follow through on the necessity and purpose for a "virgin birth" and indeed the Biblical economy of the whole, is what is obviously lacking in the mythological pretenders.

By the way, I always get a chuckle at phrases like " Biblical scholars have long ago dismissed......"

Sort of like saying "Professional Traders have long ago dismissed the notion that anyone can be profitable over the long term..."

#42     May 31, 2009
  3. It is hard for our minds to grapple with this, is it not ?
    Since I was not there at the time, I will take His Word for it.

#43     May 31, 2009
  4. by His you mean stu? :D

psst: if you weren't there how did you hear him LOL :p

#44     May 31, 2009
  5. Well, I am sure Stu is a great guy, but he is not quite the "He" I was referring too !

#45     May 31, 2009
  6. jem

jem

I find it interesting that you crafted a tautology - et up a strawman - and then had someone compliment you for your argumentation.

all this for what purpose?

#46     May 31, 2009
  7. jem

jem

How out of context can your jerk off "webmasters get?

Here is the passage in context - notice the point jesus makes in the end. It is the point of the gospel. it is almost impossible to earn salvation. But with Jesus salavation is possibile.

try reading it _

And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
    Mar 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God.

(could Jesus have been pointing out he is God here? Just picture the point of this teaching and you are likely to say ah now i get it. )

Mar 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
    Mar 10:20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.

(this guy is claiming he is a very very good Jew - keeping all the commandments)

Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
    Mar 10:22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
    Mar 10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
    Mar 10:24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
    Mar 10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
    Mar 10:26 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
    Mar 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men [it is] impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Get it -

with men it is impossible - but with God plan all things are possible.

Jesus - just let you know he was God to start the passage.

Your dopey internet commentators missed the whole point.

#47     May 31, 2009
  8. stu

stu

Not a strawman (do you even know what one is?) , a well understood Axiom and not a tautology. Do some learning.

..aww diddums....are you jealous , feel all left out 'cause KTS and others happen to agree with me. Get over yourself..

#48     May 31, 2009
  9. jem

jem

not a strawman - then what was the point of your

One entry found.

Main Entry:
    tau·tol·o·gy Listen to the pronunciation of tautology
    Pronunciation:
    \tȯ-ˈtä-lə-jē\
    Function:
    noun
    Inflected Form(s):
    plural tau·tol·o·gies
    Etymology:
    Late Latin tautologia, from Greek, from tautologos
    Date:

1 a: needless repetition of an idea, statement, or word b: an instance of tautology2: a tautologous statement

#49     May 31, 2009
  10. stu

stu

How hard is it? Without first the possibility of existence there could be no God or Creator in existence. How hard is that?

Your previous post to vhehn is quite honestly the most complicated tortured dissemblance I've seen for a while, so how hard is it really for an intelligent person such as yourself to stop acting the goat and address a straightforward concept to do with existence.

#50     May 31, 2009