Scientists Are Leftist Political Hacks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Petsamo, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Gayfly couldn't think for himself either so don't feel bad.

Do you also "think" water doesn't hydrate?

#11     Nov 21, 2011
  2. pspr

pspr

I can only assume Rectum was directing his question to me, although I have him on ignore for his irrational thinking.

If so, my reply to him is to first re-read my words and tell me where I say there is not nor has been any global warming. Open your mind Rectum and read the words before you for what they say.

#12     Nov 21, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Coward.

#13     Nov 21, 2011
  4. The next time who says global warming is real? The EU officials responsible for regulating the labels of bottled water?

Well no, I don't think they would have a lot of authority on the matter. Quite unlike every national academy of science or major international or national science body that has issued a public position. They all, without exception, consider it real and a serious problem.

You "all scientists are commies" cranks make me laugh.

#14     Nov 21, 2011
  5. It's ET. Cranks R US. Cranks 24 X 7 X 365. Fighting cranks around here is like trying to get pigs to fly. With enough thrust you could do it, but why?

#15     Nov 21, 2011
  6. #16     Nov 21, 2011
  7. So let's see. That's three in one graph:

1 - There is global warming taking place currently.
    2 - The episodes in the past coincide with increased co2.
    3 - The volume of co2 in the current atmosphere far exceeds anything found in the past.

Further comment would be superfluous, but I know it's coming anyway....

#17     Nov 21, 2011
  8. Try again. Who caused past cycles with greater temps? Why don't temps today "far exceed" those of past cycles?

And they don't "coincide." Temp leads the CO2. Or can't you read the graph?

#18     Nov 21, 2011
  9. Past glaciations and interglacials were triggered by Milankovich cycles. CO2 released from the oceans acted as a feedback amplifying the effect - because CO2 is a greenhouse gas

The current rate of atmospheric CO2 increase is far too high to be due to orbital climate forcings. It is due to human emissions and it is still a greenhouse gas. Changes in CO2 are now a major forcing ie responsible for changes in the climate system.

Please try to learn the difference between feedback and forcing.

#19     Nov 22, 2011
  10. pspr

pspr

CO2 is a MINOR greenhouse gas. Other more serious greenhouse forces such as methane, moisture in the air and solar activity are the drivers of greenhouse effects. It's a simple fact.

And, to claim that this is the highest concentration of CO2 ever in the atmosphere is simply not true. It has been much higher. CO2 is a trace gas in the atmosphere and has little impact if any on warming of the planet today. The science is obvious to any objective observer.

#20     Nov 22, 2011