Scientists: 30 Years On, How Well Do Global Warming Predictions Stand Up?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Jun 23, 2018.

1. They predicted the end of the world by the end of the 20th century. How is that we are here 18 years into the 21st century having this discussion? They've put the next deadline for mass extinction at 2100, so I won't be here to rub their noses in that fantasy, but I'm betting someone will.

#11     Jun 23, 2018
    LacesOut and gwb-trading like this.
  2. LacesOut

LacesOut

Don’t worry.
    In 29 years we will be back to the ‘Shit your pants an Ice Age is coming!!!’ again.
    Book it for the 2035 January issue of Time Magazine - your reputable source for triple fact checked news.

#12     Jun 23, 2018
  3. LacesOut

LacesOut

Slaves predict.
    Kings react.
    (My number one trading philosophy).

Climatards should take note of this very simple edict.

#13     Jun 23, 2018
  4. Guys, imagine this.

The early models were used to project population, fossil consumption etc. etc. into the future based on technology understood at the time. But remember, initially due to acid rain and killer smogs in Europe, coal started to get shut down. Cars became more efficient, catalytic converters were invented to reduce emissions. Gas instead of brown coal, nuclear (many work very well), better and better systems to reduce electrical transmission loss.. it is endless and through all industry.

The predictions of doom caused a change in behavior, improvements in technology (many mandated, not just in Cali, American cars were basic until they acquired European and Japanese tech, some good work done though) and so the worst predictions have not occurred.

I know a parent who once went to town on another dad for "being a bully" to her kid about safety doing a dangerous enough sailing activity. It was sad but not a shock to head the boy was hit by a car in his bike when unsupervised (he lived). Identifying & nagging about clear and obvious danger is the job of the adults in society and it damn well works.

Be grateful you can breathe and yes, it will still happen (Venus Earth) without a lot more work.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    #14     Jun 23, 2018
  5. Let's not forget that this moron Hansen worked for NASA and continued to spew out his crap for decades. Either Bush could have shut him down cold. Neither had the stones to do so. Or maybe their big biz paymasters were on board with it.

The only thing that has dramatically increased is the ridiculous amount of taxpayer dollars paid to fund specious "research."

#15     Jun 23, 2018
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  6. What it would take for an AAA to grasp would be to see all fossil energy being released worldwide in one place perhaps. An idea of my nephew for a science project.

A jet of fire many miles wide and miles high, 24/7 365. Then their minds absorb what is going on.

#16     Jun 23, 2018
  7. LacesOut

LacesOut

How many stupid, irrelevant and inane comments can this Slutfartbutt guy make on one page?

#17     Jun 23, 2018
    Arnie, Clubber Lang and Poindexter like this.
  8. Poindexter

Poindexter

Hysterics like this, from the arbiters of truth at Time Magazine? :D

Cooling vs warming - Copy.jpg

#18     Jun 23, 2018

9. But Hansen was and is correct. What part of that do you not understand?

The vast majority of climate science papers thirty years ago - not Time magazine covers - predicted global warming, and it is happening, for sure, the debate among the experts is over.

The only people still denying it are moron righties.

#19     Jun 23, 2018
    Slartibartfast and exGOPer like this.
  10. exGOPer

exGOPer

#20     Jun 23, 2018