Scientific consensus on AGW is overwhelming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Mar 4, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

That's just a bunch of BS futurecurrents. What are you going to do when global temperatures breaks break out of this range to the downside. Are you going to be able to handle it without slitting your wrists?

We'll probably get a little blip up as the solar cycle hits a peak just to give you a little hope but then you're going to be crying in your beer as temps begin to break down.

But one thing is for sure: What happens to CO2 levels in the atmosphere will have nothing to do with where global temparatures go. :D

#11     Mar 5, 2013

2. Thanks Ricter.

I think. :)

#12     Mar 5, 2013
  3. Ricter

Ricter

We're all loons on this board. All these arguments and whose mind has been changed? : )

#13     Mar 5, 2013
  4. LOL

A Saudi prince is the second largest shareholder of Fox News.

Faux News has been basically lying about the science and pushing a pro-fossil fuel, anti-AGW agenda.

But Fox Has Continued Its Annual Snow Job. A Media Matters compilation video shows that every winter since at least 2007, Fox has used snow to cast doubt on climate change:

Immediately after An Inconvenient Truth premiered, Fox News hosted Sterling Burnett, a fellow at the ExxonMobil funded National Center for Policy Analysis, who said of the movie, "why go see propaganda? You don't go see Joseph Goebbels' films to see the truth about Nazi Germany. You don't go see Al Gore's films to see the truth about global warming." [Think Progress, 5/23/06] [The New York Times, 5/23/06]

In a 2012 analysis, the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) found that 93 percent of Fox News' representations of climate science from February to July 2012 were misleading, and "The most common form of criticism regarding climate science was to broadly dismiss the scientific consensus that climate change is occurring or human-induced." UCS recommended:

To improve the accuracy of climate science coverage, News Corp. can help staff better differentiate between scientific and policy claims on climate change. It is always misleading to reject the overwhelming scientific evidence that human-caused climate change is occurring, but can be entirely appropriate to criticize specific policies aimed at addressing climate change. [Union of Concerned Scientists, 9/20/12]

Study Found 60 Percent Of Regular Fox Viewers Are Misinformed About Scientific Consensus. A study from the University of Maryland examined variations in misinformation by exposure to news sources and found that Fox News viewers were "significantly more likely" to be misinformed about the scientific consensus on climate change. Of those who said they watched Fox News "almost every day," 60 percent believed that "most scientists think climate change is not occurring" or that "views are divided evenly." By contrast, only 25 percent of CNN viewers, 20 percent of MSNBC viewers, and 35 percent of broadcast news viewers held that misconception.

http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/10/24/timeline-fox-news-role-in-the-climate-of-doubt/190906

#14     Mar 5, 2013

5. Well some of these guys are hopeless. I hope maybe non-crazy people who are on the fence about the issue may get some good info, because it's not coming from the MSM.

Besides, I'm probably nuts but I like the argument.

#15     Mar 5, 2013
  6. The scientific consensus is overwhelming. The principles involved, common sense. To all but the denier morons. Raise your hands jem and pisspoor.

#16     Mar 5, 2013
  7. Sorry but I'm more concerned bigfoot will overturn my garbage cans before the sanitation engineers reach my house on trash day.

#17     Mar 5, 2013
  8. I find it ironic you like to argue so forcefully to prove AGW on one thread and try to argue as vehemently against the belief in the existence of "God " in another. :D :D

#18     Mar 5, 2013
  9. I should start being more like you and just not give a shit about anything but myself. Like you said, who cares? I'll be dead before most the bad stuff happens anyway.

#19     Mar 5, 2013
  10. Quite frankly you're too much of a pussy to be more like me.

#20     Mar 5, 2013