Science just discovered they were dead wrong about evolution for the past 100 years!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Oct 1, 2009.

1. A monkey refuses to let go of one branch until they have a firm grip on another branch.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091001/ap_on_sc/us_sci_before_lucy

"This older skeleton reverses the common wisdom of human evolution, said anthropologist C. Owen Lovejoy of Kent State University"

So now they admit that something they were so sure of for the last 100 years, that they were wrong and now they expect us to believe they got it right THIS time?

Here are some detail about the find about our new ancestor named "Ardi" (try not to laugh!)

Scientists assembled the skeleton from 125 pieces. (Wow...only 125 pieces? A human has 206 bones and its safe to say that alot of these bones the scientists found were broken and not complete so its possible they built this thing up just like they did with nebraska man? They scientifically built nebraska man up from a single tooth which later turned out to be from an extinct pig)

Ardi was found in Ethiopia's Afar Rift, where many fossils of ancient plants and animals have been discovered. (Isnt it amazing whenever they find fossils they are always very close together in one spot which is always in some kind of rift or pit? Almost sounds to me like there was some kind of "flood" and these things all found their way into the pit when the water receded. Too bad Ardi didnt build himself an Ark)

Geologist Giday WoldeGabriel of Los Alamos National Laboratory was able to use volcanic layers above and below the fossil to date it to 4.4 million years ago. (if a person today was in a canyon or 'rift' and a sudden flood came and in that water washed all sorts of plants and animals and all sorts of mud and 'volcanic ash' flooded all around him, wouldnt he also be dated as old as the volcanic ash that washed around him?)

My explinations are not really important anyway. Whats most important is that they believed one thing for soooo long and today they just let go of that belief. Up until yesterday, the way they believed we evolved from monkeys was true. Today its not true. What will tommorrow hold now?

At least the bible doesnt change what it says every few years.

2. Oh I wanted to add...where does "Ida" stand in all this? I mean it was just 3 freaking month ago that they said we came from that lemur. I mean that was some revolutionary breakthru in evolution. Now its not true anymore.

3. you really do enjoy displaying your willfull ignorance on anything science dont you.
    if this stands up to scientific inquiry is sets creationists back another million years.

Oldest "Human" Skeleton Found--Disproves "Missing Link"Jamie Shreeve
    Science editor, National Geographic magazine
    October 1, 2009
    Move over, Lucy. And kiss the missing link goodbye.

Scientists today announced the discovery of the oldest fossil skeleton of a human ancestor. The find reveals that our forebears underwent a previously unknown stage of evolution more than a million years before Lucy, the iconic early human ancestor specimen that walked the Earth 3.2 million years ago.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...missing-link-chimps-ardipithecus-ramidus.html

4. It will set creationists back, just like before, right? Until they find out they were wrong again, then they will have another theory.

I cant believe you let these guys deceive you with this propaganda. Where are the pictures of this new monkey anyway? Why are they only showing drawings and digital renderings? I mean if they are going to release this crap to the press, why dont they take a picture of it? Or do they need to do the same thing they did with Ida. Mess with the skeleton for 2 years before they show the pictures of it. Move the bones around like they did with Ida to "show" how we evolved from it.

I mean if a creationist said he saw God would you accept a drawing he made of God as proof? or a digital rendering?

5. You have to be brain dead to believe in creationism. When was the last time anybody found out how to build a bridge from the bible? Science is the reason why I am able to type these words right now. There are no chapters on atoms, electrons, electricity and nanotechnology in the bible.

6. I love how Peil tries to discredit science by harping on about lack of proof and how it's all theories etc.

Meanwhile, when has ANYTHING in the bible ever been proven?! Some prick a long, long time ago wrote a book and that's what you base your life on?! Hilarious...

If anything, this discovery just strengthens the evolution argument by adding another piece to the puzzle. It doesn't discredit previous theories, it strengthens the entire concept.

7. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peilthetraveler, this is why. From the article.

After Ardi died, her remains apparently were trampled down into mud by hippos and other passing herbivores. Millions of years later, erosion brought the badly crushed and distorted bones back to the surface.

They were so fragile they would turn to dust at a touch. To save the precious fragments, White and colleagues removed the fossils along with their surrounding rock. Then, in a lab in Addis, the researchers carefully tweaked out the bones from the rocky matrix using a needle under a microscope, proceeding "millimeter by submillimeter," as the team puts it in Science. This process alone took several years.

Pieces of the crushed skull were then CT-scanned and digitally fit back together by Gen Suwa, a paleoanthropologist at the University of Tokyo.

8. funny i have never heard a creationist ask for this kind of evidence about the biblegod myth.

9. Ricter

Ricter

When you say "dead wrong", do you mean it as in "completely wrong"? Do you mean that because science will have to adjust the human family tree to account for new data, that ALL observations made on speciation and adaptation for the past 100 years are false?

10. maxpi

maxpi

That more famous "Lucy" find... it was a lot of pieces scattered over many square miles... they identify them by the strata they are found in... and they calibrate the strata by comparison to the geological column which was made up by some guy in the 1830's... and the geological column is calibrated by comparison to the strata... oh wait, that's circular reasoning... ok, wait, I'm not done explaining... so in more recent decades we discovered other ways to measure the age of things... so we should junk the circular reasoned fantasy thingy and move on but do they do that?? Hell no, they throw out 70-80% of the more "real" readings and cherry pick to fit their fantasy land !!!!!! And we are supposed to bow down before the great reason and knowledge community we know and love as "science"........

If they did toss out the geological column vs strata circular reasoning then we could go on and attack the circular reasoning involved in a lot of their radiation readings... but that won't happen, ever, likely, because their only other choices from evolution and meaninglessness is that God made things and they would have to be responsible to God.... not going there, not our brilliant science community... can't make 'em do that even...

They had their all time favorite bullshit story debunked recently, the one about how human life started in Africa and then tens of thousands of years later the "New Improved Model" was introduced in Europe... of course it's Europeans that make up this insanity... so we do the human genome project and find that the differences between Africa and Europe are tiny, not enough to support the 50,000 year idea, they never said how many years it would support but I bet it would be in the Biblical timeline...

I find that people that bow to science are often patently stupid and closed minded really... a plain argument that God illuminates minds... currently they have gotten control of the schools and are indoctrinating people into "science" and eventually they will come after us to kill us, little doubt about that considering the Total Onslaught that has gone on for hundreds of years... google for those videos called "Total Onslaught" they are the greatest...

#10     Oct 1, 2009