Science Advancements on trading

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by alesanti, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Saw this quote on the first post

"I've been following this thread for some time. I'm not a scientist my self but I've always been interested science applied to crack the markets."

==========================================

I was unaware that one could buy Crack on the exchange (futures I assume). Naturally I am interested in this new market.

My questions include the following

1. What kind of "Crack" are they selling
    2. Is it a standardized contract
    3. Who is clearing the contract, is it "Snoop" or "Puffy"?
    4. Are they allowed to carry weapons on the floor ("9's or "Mags")
    5. Are we allowed to bring "bitches and ho's" onto the floor to conduct a little extra "bidness"?
    6. Can we bring out our tunes and a little bling during RTH?
    7. If some shooting does break out, are there safe "no fire" zones in the building, like the cafeteria for instance.

Please advise.

MuthaSlappinRapMastaSteve

Edit;

I am also concerned with safety of course. If we happen to shoot one of the civilians in another pit, can we just yell out "My Bad" and continue, or do we have to stop and file a police report?

#41     Jul 24, 2006
  2. alesanti

alesanti

#42     Jul 24, 2006
  3. tsganngalt

Amen on the call about religion. You are 100% correct. :)

PS, science is useless in trading, the individual mind is the answer, if science was the answer this would have been solved a long time ago. Some answers about the big bang etc are still not answered and maybe never will be. Some things in science, nature, etc are best left alone anyway. When the team was working on the bomb, OPPIE asked "are you guys sure you want to do this?"

We know the answer today.

Good trading to you.

#43     Jul 24, 2006
  4. No man! that´s just wrong. Those pits are full of white folks, you supposed to yell FOUR!!...

#44     Jul 24, 2006
  5. Having no religion is more like placing no bet and placing no bet is a bet in itself whether you like it or not... Unfortunately comfortable action often not the best. :(

#45     Jul 24, 2006
  6. alesanti,

Thanks for the posting because I was curious about tradingpro too. But I don't see much advantage in trading the predicted price series just by eye-balling it. And they don't give prediction before 10:45 am?? I probably done trading for the day or have position secure by that time unless I have been trading badly... Do you really make money with them? Thanks.

Regards,
    William

#46     Jul 24, 2006
  7. #47     Jul 25, 2006
  8. alesanti

alesanti

William, tradingpro.com provides, along with the charts, the times of entry and exit and the type of trade (long and short). The trades are published at 10:15 each day and computed for the indexes (not for the futures).
    I didn't trade yet. I was asking also in this forum about the species to trade using those forecasts because the profit shown by tradingpro is different for the DJIA, NASDAQ and SP500. The best one is for the NASDAQ index. I have to choose which e-mini future to trade. I am not sure to trade the NQ futures using the NASDAQ prediction index because they also publish the trades computed for the NASDAQ100, but the P/L is much better for the NASDAQ than for the Nasdaq100.
    O the other hand, NQ e-mini is correlated with both NASDAQ and NASDAQ100 indexes, I think that using NASDAQ trades for trading the NQ is suitable.

What do you think?

#48     Jul 25, 2006
  9. Hi alesanti,

Yes, some traders watch the cash to trade the index futures... supposingly less noise but I don't do it myself because I don't have a lot of screens in front of me.
    Do they suggest where to place the stop loss? I wouldn't trade it... I want to know what hit me when I am in a drawdown... At best, maybe use it as an indicator... Not sure.

Good trading,
    William

#49     Jul 25, 2006
  10. How many times (what's the time frame/ interval) of prediction during the day? TIA.

#50     Jul 25, 2006