Schwab's platform must be the worst in the industry.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by invortex, Mar 1, 2018.

1. I've been trading full-time on various platforms over the last 25 years.

And believe it or not, the Schwab Streetsmart Edge platform NEVER went down during the super volatile period of 2/5 - 2/9. My quotes never froze, and I was able to execute in a fairly efficient and timely manner.

#11     Mar 9, 2018
  2. invortex

invortex

I just don't understand why it can't save the screen like a Google doc does? Every few seconds it refreshes and saves. I have forgotten to do it many times and I had to start from scratch. Real PITB

#12     Mar 24, 2018
  3. rdlsmith

rdlsmith

I trade with TDA's ToS and also off and on with Schwab's tools. Lately I've been forced to try Street Smart Edge as ToS is having major issues on the Mac. (If you use control to zoom, it creates a memory leak and they haven't been able or willing to correct it. As of this writing that is.)

So I'm looking for something I can use. SSE isn't perfect but it just might work. It's a bit hack-ish with their citrix thing. It's slow. There's no keyboard hot key to flatten the account. You can scan against watch lists. But it is stable and once you learn to use the charts with their 'All in One' tool, it gets better. There are many options and you need to take time to learn the basics of setting up a chart, workspace, saving a layout etc.

I'm just feed up with the some times it works some times it doesn't of ToS. Don't get me wrong ToS is the bomb. It's the best software overall I've used. But if it isn't stable, who cares. So I'm looking to see if I can make SSE work. I still haven't made that choice but at this point I am leaning that way. I disagree with the op that SSE is the worst software ever. It does have room for much improvement.

#13     Jun 21, 2018

4. MACs for graphic arts; for trading use a PC :D

#14     Jun 22, 2018
  5. rdlsmith

rdlsmith

WindoZe PCs for frustration and computer viruses, Macs for those that seek a dependable computer. :)

Yeah I know, given what I'm complaining about that seems a silly thing to say. But keep in mind, the issue really isn't the hardware or OS, it is the broker's software.

#15     Jun 22, 2018