SCHWAB_Streetsmart Edge

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by GG1972, Mar 1, 2011.

1. GG1972

GG1972

I for one am grateful they did away the 249$/month they(cybertrader) used to charge if you didnt do 40k shares a month. For some people 40k/month isnt that much but when you are starting and being selective about yr trades -coupled that with holidays or taking days off, problems with yr system, family matters etc some months were hard to make up the 40k shares.

For beginning traders that wasnt a really good option to lose 250/month if you didnt do 40k shares/month. I went thru that lot that I d be just trading low prices stocks to make up the vol at the end of the month.

The new platform is pretty good with some really needed bells and whistles. I ve traded on ToS and dont find it too intuitive and laggard in volatile times. SSpro has served well over last 3 or so years. Can hardly complain.

#11     Mar 3, 2011
  2. Cyber was a premium product aimed at active traders, but the amount of trading required to get it free was far less than other brokers using inferior platforms like RealTick were requiring. A lot of people now who used to use it as their primary platform just do the minimum to get SSPro free and do their size trading on other platforms.

I thought it was an odd approach to business to drive off high volume traders and appeal to small accounts, but I'm sure IB appreciated it.

#12     Mar 4, 2011
  3. In configuring the columns for the trading window, is there any way to save the settings?

For example, I want to reorder the columns and change the "midpoint" column to something else. But these settings don't seem to get saved when I close the application.

What a headache to have to configure the settings each time...

#13     Mar 11, 2011