Schwab System Issues

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kmiklas, Jul 19, 2021.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

I got some errors with StreetSmart Edge this morning trying to get out of a position. I called Schwab about it, and was told that the errors were on the Schwab side, and that my account is in good order (I thought that maybe I'd been locked for some reason). They're having some technical issues with trades. Was told that they emailed customers... but I didn't get any emails.

Posting here really for posterity, and to let others know that Schwab seems to have some bugs which surfaced during a big market move. If you're with Schwab maybe try a test trade or two and see if it works.

I wasn't quite this calm when it was happening. I thought my head would explode for a moment there. If I posted the language in mind at the time, I'm pretty sure I'd get either suspended or banned from this forum.

Screenshots pasted below. Always take a screenie if you get an error.

--Keith

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

Are they going to cover the $6.43 in lost opportunity? Baller.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    DO seem to have some issues on a Fed Wed day, with many brokers+ charts;
    not so much on a buy\down Monday.
    Some charge more for phone exits/but that is plainly disclosed with SCHW; some brokers NEVER answer the phone.................................................................:caution::caution:

4. SURE would ask;me i would ask them to forget the SCHW $25 phone fee + got in .
    Close call, since he called them. SCHW + all of them tends to own a % of those ETFs, so they can sell about anything they want............................................................Ammo price has gone down lately\transitory as the Fed said.