Schwab seems useless for futures on an IPad

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by dcwriter2, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Or am I missing something? StreetSmart just won’t load.

2. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

You are right. Schwab is not big on futures. It is a Mom and Pop, buy and hold, kind of operations.

3. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

Honestly, if you want to trade futures.

Just use AMP, intra day margins good. platform choices good, competitive rates

easy peasy.

i find the big box brokers are shit for futures.

4. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

Oh i just read the rest of your headline, for IPAD.

ohhh, not sure about that..

5. ZBZB

ZBZB

CGQ mobile is html5 so will work on an iPad.

6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Dude... Schwab has over 14 Million active accounts and over 4 Trillion dollars in AUM.

They are the largest broker in the United States.

A regular think-tank here.:rolleyes:
    The #1 Social Network for Traders. Since 1997.

Zor_Champ, Nobert and TimtheEnchanter like this.
  7. They will have ToS in 2021.

8. zdreg

zdreg

re:have
    Are you Bill Clinton? Remember bill and the definition of the word is. same here with the word have.
    "Contending his statement that "there's nothing going on between us" had been truthful because he had no ongoing relationship with Lewinsky at the time he was questioned, Clinton said, "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the—if he—if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not—that is one thing."

9. WTF are you yammering about? Schwab and TDAmeritrade merged this year. Schwab has adopted the platform ThinkorSwim and it will be using it sometime in 2021!

10. zdreg

zdreg

I wouldn't make that bet with your money.:D:D:D:D

Schwab Provides Update on Regulatory Actions Related to Its Acquisition of TD Ameritrade
    September 30, 2020 07:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Charles Schwab Corporation (“Schwab”) today announced that the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (“Federal Reserve”) approved The Toronto-Dominion Bank (“TD Bank”) to acquire a minority, non-controlling interest in Schwab in connection with Schwab’s proposed acquisition of TD Ameritrade.

The approval and related actions from the Federal Reserve follow the June 4, 2020 announcement that the Antitrust Division of the United States Department of Justice closed its investigation of the proposed acquisition as well as approvals from the stockholders of both companies and regulators in international markets where Schwab is active. As all necessary approvals of the proposed acquisition have now been received, Schwab expects to close the transaction on October 6, subject to the customary closing conditions set forth in the merger agreement.

Schwab President and CEO Walt Bettinger said, “We are very pleased with the Federal Reserve’s actions, which allow us to finalize our planned acquisition of TD Ameritrade. We are now focused on taking the last steps needed to close the transaction so that we can begin the important work of becoming one company and realizing the full potential of this combination on behalf of our clients.”

For clients of the two firms, it is business as usual for now. The integration of TD Ameritrade into Schwab is expected to take 18 to 36 months to complete following the close of the transaction. Until then, Schwab and TD Ameritrade will continue to operate as separate broker-dealers, and clients of the two firms can continue to do business with their respective companies as they do today and can expect the same level of great service. More information will be made available to Schwab and TD Ameritrade clients once the transaction

Add 18 to 36 months to oct. 6 closing date. FYI I follow the brokerage industry very closely.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    #10     Nov 3, 2020