Schwab / Fidelity

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by blackchip, Sep 30, 2006.

1. I see Schwab and Fidelity promoting their trader platforms at Traders events all the time - was wondering why their are no ratings for these brokers on the ET brokers list. Some sinsister relationships there? :)

2. The typical (IMHO) high-frequency trader, IOW typical ETer, would not use those two brokers.

I suppose you can push some size maybe with a good flat rate, but...

I had a Schwaby account for years, before I discovered auto-trading. I got great service (Platinum acnt), but the commish sux.

Interactive is the way to go for about 90% of retail traders IMO.

Good luck to all.

3. That seems to be a good reason for putting them on the rating list. The majority of brokers they have listed are so small they don't even have anyone posting a rating. Why not put up big ones that have trading platforms even like Ameritrade, Etrade, etc. so people can know where they are weak compared to others.

If IB is best for everyone then why even put up a rating list? Seems silly.

4. Surdo

Surdo

What do you want to know?
    I have an decent sixed IRA account @ FIDELITY,and do not use it as an active trading platform. The Wealth Lab Pro is just ok for backtesting, not the best.
    I am very happy using it to swing trade.

Other than being pissed off that nobody wants to answer you, do you have a specific question?

el surdo

5. Why do you say pissed off? Not at all.

I'd be interested in seeing some feedback on all the companies that show up at traders conventions of which Fidelity and Schwab are included.

Since you say you haven't used their platform what can you say really?