Schumer: Why Can't Bailout Money Be Given In Installments (to see if it even works)

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Actually, Chuckie was simply exercising some common sense, when comes from a Senator, is it always unexpected. Bunning showed some common sense as well, when he said that taxpayers who are extending unprecedented money, ought to get a warrant or something for all the green.

#31     Sep 23, 2008
  2. jordanf

jordanf

Seems to me there is almost no chance that 700 billion doesn't happen. There is simply no way you wave that kind of money under a politician's nose and have them say no thanks. Now we are just grandstanding for the camera while everyone tries to get a piece of the pie.

#32     Sep 23, 2008
  3. 2ticks

2ticks

IN THEORY, I 100% agree taxpayers deserve something. IN REALITY, you and I, and even the ET geniuses that abound, KNOW that even if there is a "something" to get, taxpayers will never see it.

Nothing more than a talking point for current and future elections.

#33     Sep 23, 2008
  4. Goldman needs 700 billion and we need it NOW

#34     Sep 23, 2008
  5. me2

me2

analogy of us economy/financial system as a person paralyzed laying on a train track -

paulson wants to pull the whole body off at once

schumer - can't we just pull his leg off the tracks and see if it works and what the train will do to him

#35     Sep 23, 2008