Schumer: Why Can't Bailout Money Be Given In Installments (to see if it even works)

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 23, 2008.

1. At least I received a little when Jim Bunning put the heat on Paulson, asking him how he could claim ignorance of the regulatory lapses when he was the CEO of Goldman Sachs.

Watching Paulson stammer, stutter and turn red made watching this worth while.

Why isn't Jim Bunning running for President? I'd vote for that Kentuckian in a New York heartbeat.

#11     Sep 23, 2008
  2. Because he can't be bought. Won't fall in line.

#12     Sep 23, 2008
  3. LOL, dumbass democrats.

#13     Sep 23, 2008
  4. Seriously, that had me rolling.

#14     Sep 23, 2008
  5. He's almost eighty years old.

#15     Sep 23, 2008
  6. They should do nothing.

Then when starving mobs come through your bedroom window and rape your family, you'd wish you kissed Paulsons ass

#16     Sep 23, 2008
  7. It actually long past time where patriotism needs to be called into question from ALL concerned.

This goes on for too long ,and my public hanging theme will be a reality

Pray it isnt you in the noose.

#17     Sep 23, 2008
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

You are just the kind of shill Paulson and Bernanke love!

#18     Sep 23, 2008
  9. Bunning was just interviewed on Bloomberg.

He said he would vote against the plan, unless taxpayers are given some equity or warrants as they did in the Chyrsler bailout.

He was asked if he would filibuster the plan, and he said no, he would vote against.

He said the Committee would not even pass the plan as it now stands, let alone the entire Senate.

He said he wants to stay in session until a majority can pass a plan.

He thinks the plan hinges on the taxpayer getting something for the the 700 billion.

#19     Sep 23, 2008
  10. Saw that! Yes!

Bill Poole (former fed governor) said Bernanke and Paulson are proposing an untenable solution, because defaulted mortgages are impossible to value, and the answers they gave don't clear up how much will be bid for them.

#20     Sep 23, 2008