Schumer says the NRA Is an extreme “fringe group”

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IMFTrader, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Mr Schumer, you are the Employee of a nation FOUNDED by what was then a “Fringe Group”. You reap the economic and sociological benefits of being employed to enforce the rules originally written by that “Fringe Group”. That “Fringe Group” of ignorant backwoodsmen bled themselves nearly to death to whup the army of an entire nation, to ensure YOU HAVE A JOB ! On the inside, you are a shameless, spoiled Jewish brat from NY.

If he’s going to talk about actual Fringe Extremist Groups, where’s the mention of Obama’s Cabinet, the Clintons, the UN?

Schumer says the NRA Is an extreme “fringe group”

Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) sat down with HuffPost Live Friday, where he made a noteworthy statement about the rapidly-growing National Rifle Association.

Responding to interviewer Alicia Menendez’s question about whether Schumer’s colleagues are “willing to admit” that the NRA is a “fringe group,” the senator responded: “Well they sure are a fringe group, but whether enough of my colleagues are ready to admit that, I’m not sure.”

He continued: “They are a very extreme group. They don’t even represent average gun holders.”

The two proceeded to discuss certain gun control measures and Schumer’s intention to “push hard” to get them passed.

The Huffington Post summarizes:

The New York Democrat [said] that when he worked on the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, which went into effect in 1994, the NRA “had such power that they filled it up with loopholes.” The Brady Law required background checks for firearm purchasers.

“Now 40 percent of the guns that are sold in America have no check, even felons can get them,” Schumer said. “If we can plug that up, that would be great.”

Schumer told HuffPost Live he would like to see the number of bullets in a clip limited and assault weapons banned as well, but that he thinks universal background checks will probably be the easiest measure to pass through the House and the one that would have the most impact.

“We’re going to push hard to get that one done and even through the House,” he said.

The NRA says its membership has grown by roughly 250,000 people in just the past month. On Saturday, thousands of Second Amendment supporters rallied across the country in support of their rights.

source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/chuck-schumer-nra-fringe-group_n_2507781.html

2. Fringe? I think not..

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/...more-popular-than-entertainment-industry?lite

NBC/WSJ poll: NRA more popular than entertainment industry
    By NBC's Mark Murray
    As Washington prepares for a political battle over the Obama White House's proposals to curb gun violence after the Newtown, Conn., shootings, a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds that the National Rifle Association is more popular than the entertainment industry.
    Forty-one percent of adults see the NRA -- the nation's top gun lobby -- in a positive light, while 34 percent view it in a negative light.
    By comparison, just 24 percent have positive feelings about the entertainment industry, and 39 percent have negative ones.
    The NRA's fav/unfav score is virtually unchanged from its 41 percent-to-29 percent rating in the Jan. 2011 NBC/WSJ poll, nearly two years before the Newtown shootings.
    "That seems to me to be a pretty remarkably stable figure," says GOP pollster Bill McInturff, who conducted this survey with Democratic pollster Peter Hart.
    But it's a substantial improvement from the 1990s, when the NRA's negative ratings outweighed its positive ones in the NBC/WSJ survey.
    The current poll also shows a sharp divide between attitudes among gun owners and non-gun owners.
    Among those who own a gun, 62 percent view the NRA favorably. But that percentage drops to just 25 percent among those who don't.
    The full poll -- which was conducted Jan. 12-15 of 1,000 adults (including 300 cell phone-only respondents), and which has a margin of error of plus-minus 3.1 percentage points -- will be released at 6:30 pm ET.

3. :D

"Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are Ulysses S. Grant, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush"

Never know who is a member of a fringe group.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Mr Schumer IS the fringe, he's just too fucking stupid to know it.

5. pspr

pspr

We should sign up Obama for a subscription. :D

6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Schumer really captures the idea of the slimy lying career senator who exploits anyone he can in order to give the impression that he gives a shit about anyone but himself. He is Barbara Boxer with a penis and politicians like him are the main problem with democracy.

7. One time I was sitting in my car reading a book about finance. There were several pages on Schumer in this book. I can't recall the name of the book but I remember his comments started on page 199 in this book.

A black SUV pulls into an adjacent space I look up and out walks Shumer and 2 guys. I think "Huh? here I am reading about the guy and he shows up." For a few seconds I thought " Maybe I should go an meet him" Then I said "fuck it" and went back to reading.

I might add though, one time I e mailed him because I was pissed off about a train service vendor and he e mailed me back and I got a free coupon for a bagel out fo the deal.

8. Yep they are. Populist hacks like this guy have absolutely NO principles, they're positions change with the political winds and when someone questions their motives/agenda they attack with bs allegations and smear the shit out of them. This was the same type of ridiculous response he had when that faceplant kid decided to renounce his citizenship. Instead of contemplating why someone who was so successful here would decide to leave, his idea was: pass legislation that would prevent this guy from ever setting foot here again. geez, that is petty.

9. =================
    Thank you ,,NRA-US Presidents Post+Fracturals are US,
    Mr Murray:D

Well , Attorney General Mr Meeese is in in the News Max News.
    Headline ''Obama Can Be Impeached Over Guns''

:cool: