School Taxes

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nutmeg, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Maybe CA, NJ, and elsewhere but NOT rural central FL. Surgical fix is recommended, NOT broad brush cuts. Perspective.

#11     Sep 16, 2010
  2. Eight

Eight

GM needed to do the same thing and they didn't, with BO and the Dems in charge, no union is going to get BK'd on...

#12     Sep 16, 2010
  3. I used to live in NJ and I'm glad that I live in Georgia now. New Jersey property taxes are ridiculously high. I pay only $2,300/year in property taxes in Georgia for a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath home with a 2 car garage, and the public schools are great. My friend who still lives in NJ pays $8,000 per year in Howell for his 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath home.

#13     Sep 17, 2010
  4. BSAM

BSAM

With a new constitution and/or a new revolution.

#14     Sep 17, 2010
  5. Picaso

Picaso

In my view, school taxes in the States (I know, I know, I'm a forreignerrr, but please don't flame me) have two problems:

1) Being locally based (yes, you also have State and Federal funding, but a large chunk depends on what locality/county you live in).

2) Being labeled as such. When you do your taxes you know how much you're paying for education (even if you don't have children), whereas you don't know how much you're paying for the military (even if you disagree with the wars or the size of the standing army) or farm subsidies (even if you don't have a farm), etc.

http://www.visualeconomics.com/how-countries-spend-their-money/

#15     Sep 17, 2010