School Suspens Student For Removing Mexican Flag

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 7, 2010.

1. "Indeed, it's theft."

Indeed, the school did the right thing to suspend the student.

If someone wants to file a lawsuit because they think the school was wrong for having the flag...no problem.

Working through the system is the right way, being self righteous and stealing something because you don't like it is wrong...

It is fascinating to watch the party of "Law and order" routinely defend those who break the law out of their own self righteousness...

Just illustrates clearly how the party of "Law and order" is full of crap...

#11     May 7, 2010
  2. Ahhh, I see, so there was a rule in the school system that said "don't move mexican flags", but the student violated it...

If a flag is left out in another public place, like, say... a road, or a parking lot, and someone moves it, is that theft?

#12     May 7, 2010
  3. If you steal something is it theft?

Yes...

#13     May 7, 2010
  4. PatternRec

PatternRec Guest

This is what happens with the loss of civics education.

Had the student taken down the Mexican flag, kept it with him and started a stand-in protest in the auditorium or placed the flag in the principal's office with a convicting note of protest, he'd be expressing his right of dissent.

Taking the flag down and not returning it is theft. Something which sullies the validity of his position. A position I agree with in that the Mexican flag should have no place of prominence in an American school.

But who can condone theft?

#14     May 7, 2010
  5. horseman

horseman

When the flag of a foreign nation is displayed in the United States, it must be flown below the U S flag. Since I didn't see a U. S. flag being displayed above the Mexican flag, the display was illegal. The student was just correcting an illegal act.

#15     May 8, 2010
  6. PatternRec

PatternRec Guest

The Flag Code has no provision for enforcement. No fines and no penalties. Therefore, there's no question of legality. The flag code is just a guideline.

See Title 18 Chapter 33 Section 700. http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/more/title18.htm

Moreover, the flag code that you are referring to applies to flags on the same pole or flags on adjacent poles. It's not against code to display a foreign flag or any flag for that matter in "isolation" at any height.

However, stealing school property is a crime that potentially carries a penalty.

#16     May 8, 2010
  7. Coming from a low life Zionist thief, I wouldn't expect you to understand property rights since you are to world's biggest property theif. :D

#17     May 8, 2010
  8. I'm the worlds biggest property thief? I haven't ever taken anyone's property before, what are you talking about?:confused:

#18     May 8, 2010